Tyre Wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Iv'e had the continental 4 seasons on my bike for about eighteen months now and they have still got a lot of tread on them.
Went out today for a ride and noticed a bit of skidding going around corners,quickly checked the tyre pressure and that seemed okay.It wasn't until i got home that i then noticed that there was a couple of places on the rear tyre that the rubber had been completely stripped away exposing the material underneath.
Obviously i now need a new tyre but the mystery is why a perfectly good tyre would disintegrate like that.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Iv'e had the continental 4 seasons on my bike for about eighteen months now and they have still got a lot of tread on them.
Went out today for a ride and noticed a bit of skidding going around corners,quickly checked the tyre pressure and that seemed okay.It wasn't until i got home that i then noticed that there was a couple of places on the rear tyre that the rubber had been completely stripped away exposing the material underneath.
Obviously i now need a new tyre but the mystery is why a perfectly good tyre would disintegrate like that.
Had them 18 months?

That's six seasons.

You've had 50% more than your moneys worth!

Wheels true?

roley poley

Über Member
sounds like my old bmx back tyre but then I used to lock the back brake and do skidders it always seemed to wear it out in one or two spots on the brakes preferred stop point

Let's see a photo please.

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
Yes they did actually and i thought the tyres were ok as well.
Having used them over many years i know they are thorough.
Maybe it had a little nick in the tyre and its just expanded.
No big deal really.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Do a skid mate ! :laugh:

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
Could be right @sleuthey.:okay:
I put both brakes on at the bottom of a slope where a lot of gravel had been washed down and that's when the rear wheel first skidded.
The thing is iv'e always read only use the rear brake if you have to.

Top Bottom