TyreKey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, too expensive for me

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
I do not have a good record changing inner tubes on these skinny road wheels , the saving in knackered tubes would be most favourable , if they are as un-problematic as they make out to be

rrarider

Veteran
I've watched the YouTube video on that website and those tyres look like they are a loose fit on the rims. I don't believe that a single lever of any type would get the tyre off or on one my rims. It would need two of those things to do the job.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
You need to practice.

This is not meant to be a joke or funny. I practiced changing tube and repairing a broken chain till I am confident that I can do it on a road side with no assistance before I started touring solo.

Sort of good advice , but a lot of times I practice , there's another tube gone !
With the MTB and tourer tyres I can pop em off and on with my fingers , no prob , I've never had a puncture on my BH roadie , it's the GF , hardly a week goes by !!
Just thought I'd ask , no one up to now seems to have used one ,

Sort of good advice , but a lot of times I practice , there's another tube gone !
With the MTB and tourer tyres I can pop em off and on with my fingers , no prob , I've never had a puncture on my BH roadie , it's the GF , hardly a week goes by !!
Just thought I'd ask , no one up to now seems to have used one ,

That is too frequent. There is some other problem.

simongt

Guru
Seems that every so often, some bright spark comes up with a new variation on the 'ultimate, easy to use, no hassle tyre lever' - at a price. Is this one the latest offering then - ? :headshake:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Tyrekey video

Demo uses a 'well worn' Gatorskin on a Mavic Ksyrium rim.
I'd be interested to see that video made again with a new gatorskin or other Continental or an M+ fitted on a rim at the difficult end:

From a yacf thread:
700c Rims
Smallest Diameter to Largest
(= easiest to fit tyres to at the top of the list )
Rigida Flyer
Ryde Racer
Mavic Ksyrium
Mavic Open Sport
Mavic Open Pro
Mavic MA2
DT Swiss RR1.1 /RR465
Bontrager Race X-Lite
Ambrosio Excellence
H+SON Archetype

Top Bottom