Tyres 25mm upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dave147

my bike has giant pr3 tyres and looking a bit worn was thinking of an upgrade. Conti 4000gp or sumthing smiler what are people’s thoughts

Dave

Lozz360

Veteran
When asking for opinions on tyres it’s useful to mention what sort of riding you do. In my case I do all my riding on rural roads plus occasional Sportives and I think the Continental GP4000 IIs are excellent for grip, low rolling resistance and puncture resistance.

Alan O

Über Member
When asking for opinions on tyres it’s useful to mention what sort of riding you do. In my case I do all my riding on rural roads plus occasional Sportives and I think the Continental GP4000 IIs are excellent for grip, low rolling resistance and puncture resistance.
Exactly. I have GP4000 IIs, Gatorskins and Marathon Greenguards (among others) and I'd recommend every one depending on riding style, environment and personal requirements.

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Sorry chaps I mainly ride on country roads not much city work Sunday morning rides 30 miles plus

gbb

Legendary Member
Rode various Gators for years, very happy although I did occasionally get punctures (maybe 2 or 3 a year) and did have one slit when quite new...a shard of glass no doubt. Now on GP4000ii , no punctures for about a year, no tyre damage either. That's mainly countryside and some city roads.
Gators when new could and probably always are, slightly twitchy in the wet. Once they'd scrubbed up they were fine.

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Thanks for the info guys I’ll look at the gp 4000ii see who has them for the best price

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Thanks for the info guys I’ll look at the gp 4000ii see who has them for the best price

Top Bottom