Tyres For 27.5 (650B) for road and trail????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nytsom

Hi All,

Would anyone know where to find a narrower - less knobbly tyres for a 27.5 (650B) tyres? I normally ride along hard packed and tarmac trails; looking for suitable less grippy tyres and a bit narrower.
Any suggestions (keep it clean)
help appreciated..
15128039532_e90602dced_b.jpg

Attachments

• 15128039532_e90602dced_b.jpg
    15128039532_e90602dced_b.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 959

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I take it you have had a root around the Schwalbe website.

I'm afraid your query illustrates another problem with 27.5" - limited after market tyre choice.

The bike makers are pushing 27.5" hard, so that choice is almost bound to increase, but that doesn't help you now.

Citius

Conti Race Kings - roll well on the road, grip pretty well on most off road surfaces, except the really muddy stuff.

Jody

Stubborn git
Those Rapid Rob's aren't particularly grippy and if you pump them up above 40psi, run quite well on the road.

This ^. They look similar pattern to Racing Ralphs. Pump em up firm and they roll pretty well but I wouldn't worry too much as they won't last long on tarmac anyway.

OP
OP
Nytsom

Nytsom

Thanks Gent's,

Would really like to find something a bit narrower; and maybe less tread pattern. these Rapid-Rob suck on tarmac; you can hear them; and feel them; even with them having extra inflation, well above 40, psi.. It's like riding through glue

surfdude

Veteran
have you tried one of those old fashioned bike shops things. i am to understand they sell parts for bikes , even tyres and can give advice as well as to what suits your needs

Citius

have you tried one of those old fashioned bike shops things. i am to understand they sell parts for bikes , even tyres and can give advice as well as to what suits your needs

LBS will recommend products from whichever manufacturer they have retail deals with - which may not be the same as recommending the best tyre for the job.

OP
OP
Nytsom

Nytsom

:bicycle: Ha ha, has anyone ever told you your a funny guy? I like thumpers answer!

Jody

Stubborn git
these Rapid-Rob suck on tarmac; you can hear them; and feel them; even with them having extra inflation, well above 40, psi.. It's like riding through glue

Of course you are going to hear and feel them if you ride on tarmac. They are great tyres for hard packed trails and are no where near as draggy as you describe. Sounds like you are after something like the Scwalbe Marathon trekking tyre.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SCHWALBE-Ma...TF8&qid=1424695102&sr=8-1&keywords=650b+tyres

Top Bottom