Tyres for the wet months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Origamist said:
I'm on the slippery slope - 25mm for me, panniers and a cravat (I made the last one up, but I suspect it's only a matter of time).

Sorry mate, I really feel for ya fella....

Just a thought, but you haven't got a dynamo as well have you? If so, then I am really sorry to inform you that's its to late matey. :wacko:

Next step is life membership to the CTC. :smile:

GrasB

Veteran
The switch from a mid-range 700x23c to a very tough 700x28c tyre on my hybrid, this only served to increase my peek speed (have to be less careful of surface imperfections on the down hill sections) & has had a non-existent effect on the average... It seems what I have gained in high speed compliancy is countered by the tyres dampening of acceleration in the same gear, I assume a 1.5% increase in gearing along with almost doubling the tyre weight & a lot of that being a little further out from the hub has conspired increase the flywheel effect of the tyre/wheel.

Tynan

Veteran
plenty find gators horrible in the wet

I for one don't want to pay £30 and up for a tyre

Luganos for me, colours, ride well and last well in the sharp pointy roads of London that destroyed many of the tyres tipped above

GrasB

Veteran
So far Michelin Pro 3 Race are doing the business on my fixie & Continental Sports Contacts are on the Marin (was using All Condition Armadillos but found them very nervous when leaning into the corners)

Top Bottom