Tyres..Mich Pro 4 endurance or Conti 4 Season..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any reports on these two tyres good or bad in a 25cc size..
My Continental 4 seasons have been nothing but trouble. The only saving grace was the grip and rolling resistance. Durability / P* resistance and wear were horrific. I've not used the Pro 4 endurance, so I can't comment on those.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I've used the Endurance on two of my bikes for a few years now, however, that does mean I don't have the experience of other tyres to compare them against. For what it's worth though I like them, which may explain why I keep using them, I've never felt they were an issue in the wet, they don't seem to cut up too badly considering they're not a super hard shell and I don't get many punctures through the year, and I'm using them year round including through the winter, when I do it's invariably a decent size shard of glass or a thorn that's about a foot long which the vast majority of tyres would struggle with, certainly no more and usually less than people I know who ride less miles than me, they are also an absolute breeze to take off and pop back on.
I'll carry on using them, I like them, but it is with the caveat that because I've been using them for a while now I have limited knowledge of others :smile:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
One and only time I used Contis I punctured too often for my liking. Haven't tried the Michelins but I know several on here like them.

Another alternative would be the Vittoria Rubinos. I shouldn't tempt fate but I have been nearly 2 years without a visit and they roll pretty well too. Were also easy to fit.

I used the Conti 4 seasons for Paris roubaix last year in a 28mm purely for grip, and I currently use the Michelins in a 25mm for everything apart from racing, they are the just about the same size. Michelins come up big and on a wide rim they nearly rub on my Battaglin road bike. The Michelins have proved to be dam near indistructable and are fast and I love them. I used the 4 seasons in a 25mm for commutting years ago and found them imbedded with flints and grit all the time and I had to pick rock out of them every weekend to ensure they did not puncture, the Michelins are a lot better IMO.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Thanks all of you.. I did google and it seems the Mich Endurance are well favoured in the USA for what that's worth lol.. I might give them a try in the 25cc as see how I get on..

Cheers.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
One and only time I used Contis I punctured too often for my liking. Haven't tried the Michelins but I know several on here like them.

Another alternative would be the Vittoria Rubinos. I shouldn't tempt fate but I have been nearly 2 years without a visit and they roll pretty well too. Were also easy to fit.
I will have a look at them Mo.. :smile:

By the way Pr04 is the old model,Michelin have changed and supposedly improved the PR04 range to be called Power. The new Power Endurances do not have the re-inforced sidewall that the old PR04 had.

The Endurance comes up large, 27-28mm, make sure it will fit first

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have been using michelin pro race 3s for a while am i am very happy with them , as i am with rubino pros on the commuter.Cant say anything good about contis but i havent tried 4 seasons .

I've been using Pro4 Endurance and their predecessors for years and I really like them. I switched from Conti after getting a series of side wall failures with them and found the Mitchelin cheaper too :okay: With all Mitch tyres for some reason I find them hard to remove (fortunately that's not often) but incredibly easy to refit :wacko:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Sorry had not pooter for a few days... so the update is I got some Michelin Power Endurance's in 25cc size and had my first run out today. The result was I'm very pleased' they ride well and are very comfortable and I would say not much off the Conti 4000.. I did have to contact wiggle as the info on one bit said the tyre had a PTI of 110 on another bit it said it had a PTI of 3x110 so wiggle said it was 330 PTI about the same as the 4 Season..
Any how very pleased so I will let you know on the puncture front if I get one..

mangid

Guru
Have run Pro4 Grips for a couple of years, and have now moved on to the Power Endurance (which I think are sort of the replacement?). Ran Conti Gatorskins for ages, but was never that confident with them, puncture resistance good, but very `skittery'. Michelin's seem to have as good puncture resistance, and have far better grip.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Have run Pro4 Grips for a couple of years, and have now moved on to the Power Endurance (which I think are sort of the replacement?). Ran Conti Gatorskins for ages, but was never that confident with them, puncture resistance good, but very `skittery'. Michelin's seem to have as good puncture resistance, and have far better grip.

I was never a fan of the Gatorskins but these Power Endurance seem really good.. :smile:

Top Bottom