Tyres with directional arrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
I suspect directional arrows are nonsense on road tyres that have minimal tread. Maybe something in it for off road tyres.

young Ed

Veteran
In my logic, the water's already there and the tyre arrives directly down on the water. It has to get displaced somewhere and the existence of small channels on my Schwalbe Supremes assist it in going outwards. If the water were flowing, it might be possibly be different but the tyre's movement in relation to the road is up and down (unless you're skidding and if it's your front tyre that's slipping all bets are off anyway.) In any case, I've never witnessed the catastrophic effects of a tractor reversing on mud. I'd need @young Ed to tell me where the mud goes. I can't see any reason why the mud should be forced inwards though.
not terribly catastrophic, you aren't going terribly fast in reverse and depending on what boots (tyres) you're running the weight of your rig and most importantly the type of mud (thick heavy clay, dry, sopping wet etc etc) it either just sticks in between your tread or just sort of falls off or slides off
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom