Tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello all, having recently returned to cycling, have a Genesis cdf20, swapped original 35c Kenda Flintridge to Continental Sport28c. Now winter coming wondering wether Continental Tour 28c would be better than back to Kenda. Thinking of rolling resistance/hills on tarmac. 80psi Cont v 50psi Kenda. Thanks in advance.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I would never buy Kenda tyres personally, they are made of cigarette paper, punctures, punctures and more punctures every time you go out.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Hi Lurcher. I also have the CDF20. I changed from the originals to Vittoria Voyager Hyper size 35. They are great on tracks and road and roll well. I then put my mudguards on as it was getting wet and muddy here. I found there was so little space between the tyre and the mudguard that mud was constantly rubbing the mudguard. I have now changed to the same tyre but size 32 and they are excellent and the mud problem has been sorted.

You can get them from plant x

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYVIVOHY/vittoria-voyager-hyper-folding-tyre

OP
OP
Lurcher100

Lurcher100

Regular
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Having got my fitness level to certain level for Huddersfield hills need to make right choice. Bit nervous on downhill bends with current tyres when roads wet.

Sharky

Guru
I would never buy Kenda tyres personally, they are made of cigarette paper, punctures, punctures and more punctures every time you go out.
I had a pair of Kenda Kriterium tyres on one of my bikes when I bought it. Puncture wise, they were fine, but I just didn't have confidence in them when cornering and quickly swapped them for others.

froze

Über Member
Actually Kenda's are pretty decent tire if you don't get their bottom of the line tire, I had the older Kenda Konstrictor tires and they were great, had 3 pairs of them and only flatted once which is odd considering how thin the tread area is, but I guess their flat belt works really good, the tire also didn't cut easily either, as far as handling they never gave me any issues which is why I bought 2 more pairs after the first pair.

Back to winter tires, the best winter tire, subject to debate of course, is the Schwalbe Durano, but I also have used Hutchinson Intensive and found them to be quite good in the winter. Other good winter tires I've heard good things about is the Vredestein Fortezza Senso Xtreme, and the Maxxis Radiale. Those two tires and my tires are lightweight winter tires, if you want a heavy duty winter tire then look into Panaracer RibMo, and the Schwalbe Marathon Racer, but keep in mind while these will be more flat resistant they are heavier then the others I mentioned. I haven't had any issues riding in the winter with the lighter Hutchinson Intensive tires.

Top Bottom