Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Morris minor

Hi everyone I've got schwalbe marathon green tyres on my road bike, are they suitable for going on light gravel foot paths as there's a old railway near me

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No probs Morris.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Absolutely yes they are. We use Marathons on touring bikes and this morning we were confronted with a lane that had been turned into a total mud track.... these tyres are great for normal road and tracks/gravel and as you have the green puncture resistant ones they will be even better.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
You could run marathons over a bed of needles and not get a puncture :laugh:

Well, possibly you might get away with that on M+ tyres, but tough as they are, I wouldn't push my luck testing Greenguards like that just to find out. Saying that though, mine have now survived 3 years of riding on all sorts of crap debris-strewn tarmac surfaces plus hard stony gravel use and they have kept The Fairy away.

bladesman73

Über Member
Well, possibly you might get away with that on M+ tyres, but tough as they are, I wouldn't push my luck testing Greenguards like that just to find out. Saying that though, mine have now survived 3 years of riding on all sorts of crap debris-strewn tarmac surfaces plus hard stony gravel use and they have kept The Fairy away.
Yeah, the M Plus tyres are bombproof. I have a pair on my commuter, lasted 3 years of daily cycling, used them on trails as well.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I just run Greenguards, as M+ are just that bit too heavy. I've got at least three sets of Schwalbes in use at any one time, so the annual mileage per set gets split depending what I'm riding, but Marathons are extremely hard wearing tyres no question about it.

Top Bottom