Ubuntu installing........................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks to a bad virus on the PC, (hopefully resolved now but it's made me weigh up other options), I'm currently using the old laptop while I install Ubuntu on the PC. Never used any other OS than Windows before though.

*bites nails waiting* :sweat:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've got Ubuntu on a CD, never quite had the bottle to actually install it.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
PC has just powered down and the power button is flashing orange!

Hit a wall now, PC doing nothing, can hold power button to power off but when I press it to power back on it's just flashing orange again.

BO!!OCKS!!

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Smokey in approx. 35 mins....

laptop_smash-86433.gif

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Get a Mac.

Don't thank me, happy to help.

paul04

Über Member
Well that didn't last long, I'm well and truly in over my head, (luddite), so it's game over for the PC for the foreseeable :sad:

How did you install Ubuntu? from usb or cd, what it might be doing is looking for the hard drive to boot from, you need to make the PC boot from usb or cd drive before you install the software, then when it restarts (after the software installs) you need to swap 1st boot back to hard drive.
for that you will need to enter the bios setting on your PC (normally the delete button on the keyboard) start the PC and keep pressing the delete button every second until the bios screen appears.
A bit more info here
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000192.htm

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
How did you install Ubuntu? from usb or cd, what it might be doing is looking for the hard drive to boot from, you need to make the PC boot from usb or cd drive before you install the software, then when it restarts (after the software installs) you need to swap 1st boot back to hard drive.
for that you will need to enter the bios setting on your PC (normally the delete button on the keyboard) start the PC and keep pressing the delete button every second until the bios screen appears.
A bit more info here
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000192.htm
The very reason I've never had the bottle to install Linux.

Wobblers

Euthermic
PC has just powered down and the power button is flashing orange!

Hit a wall now, PC doing nothing, can hold power button to power off but when I press it to power back on it's just flashing orange again.

BO!!OCKS!!

That doesn't sound like a software issue. As accountantpete says, it could be the power supply in your computer. Try turning your pc off at the wall for a minute, then back on again and see what happens.

Top Bottom