UCI and geo blocking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Can anyone offer any reasoning to this? I'm attempting to follow the youtube livestreams of the World Cup CX series, but all of the usual countries you would expect to show it, don't. (Germany,Belgium,Poland,Luxembourg,France,Sweden,Norway)

It's strange, that once I get a link to the livestream on youtube, I can watch it in perfect HD. (I tried all the countries above in my VPN, and as it turns out Canada works!) The livestream shows in my subscriptions on my appleTV, but not on my desktop (until I'm "appearing" in Canada)

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
UCI chasing the Almighty Buck again, at the fan's expense?

mjr

Simples, When it’s shown on Eurosport live it’s not on YouTube. Otherwise how could you find buyers for a Eurosport subscription.
You couldn't, so fark the fans in the hope that some will pay up. Seems like an abusive relationship. Are sports doomed to keep aping football and failing?

Jimidh

Veteran
You couldn't, so fark the fans in the hope that some will pay up. Seems like an abusive relationship. Are sports doomed to keep aping football and failing?
How dare the UCI put on a sporting event and have the audacity to expect people to pay to watch it.

Just the other day I got ejected from the cinema for not having a ticket - what’s the world coming to!

mjr

How dare the UCI put on a sporting event and have the audacity to expect people to pay to watch it.

Just the other day I got ejected from the cinema for not having a ticket - what’s the world coming to!
So the UCI doesn't appreciate cycling's history of free-to-view public events and tries to change it to something more like the hated big media industry?

Jimidh

Veteran
So the UCI doesn't appreciate cycling's history of free-to-view public events and tries to change it to something more like the hated big media industry?
But someone always had to pay pay for it - public service broadcasters don't seem able to pay the going rate now.

As a sports fan I would love to go back to the good old days of free sport on TV but then I remember back then we ddint get live coverage of the tour, only seen live rugby at the six nations, shared the open coverage with test matches.

OldShep

Über Member
My son, along with hundreds of others, paid 12 euros to attend a X event in Belgium last week.
My £40/ yr to Eurosport looks good value and no travelling involved.
Yet you think you deserve to watch it free?

Top Bottom