UCI tipped riders about test results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BJH

Über Member
The scrapping of the commission should have been seen coming

This stinks, a disagreement with USADA and WADA and some more feet dragging

Sad thing is that if Big Pat is actually above board he has just undermined himself

This just makes the UCI look even more dodgy and for me leaves the conclusion that these are not the things of the past they would like us all to believe and very much a part of the present

Time to resign Pat your numbers up, this isn't helping cycling by hiding so if you love the sport you have been involved with for years then allow it to go through a full cleansing whatever the consequences

BJH

Über Member
"Riders who were doping [but who had yet to fail a test] were effectively warned that they were being watched and that they would be targeted in future with the aim of getting them to stop doping

I don't get this bit. How did they know (pre bio-passport) that riders were doping?
I'm wondering also if it was under this procedure that Tyler Hamilton was called in and given a warning. He blamed Armstrong for using his influence with the UCI.

I wonder how much the riders would pay as a thank you for that warning?

In THs case remember he was told by Landis that Armstrong had arranged for the warning to be given to Hamilton. after all who would want to see an end to the reign of the cheating lying git who was said to be attracting millions of new supporters to cycling and millions of dollars in new sponsorship. Both of which bring rich opportunities for go getting leaders of the UCI to make cash

It stinks

Are we talking about the UCI reform in this thread now or the UCI thread, I confuse easily?

On the face of it, the reason for scrapping makes sense but really it's just more obfuscation.

thom

____
Are we talking about the UCI reform in this thread now or the UCI thread, I confuse easily?

On the face of it, the reason for scrapping makes sense but really it's just more obfuscation.
I wasn't serious - just joking because I quite like the phrase "It stinks" at the minute due to it being applicable to so many pro-cycling issues.

The T&R, if it ever comes about, will rely on riders, soigneurs, DS's, doctors, UCI officials et al volunteering the truth. Unless there's a very good reason for them to do so, I can't see that happening to any great extent or am I missing the point?

If offered amnesty or short bans then this may be the incentive?

Knowing that you may be named by someone else and investigated, with censure, bans or litigation could be an issue that is resolved if you can limit the potential damage with a deal that prevents any further action bythe "authorities"

Which of course then raises Jurisdiction issues. If one organisation offers a rider a two year ban if they offer evidence, do the others have to accept that deal, or can they then extend that ban unilaterally?

The now disbanded commission were handed 16 files of papers before they were shut down. As they came from the UCI, I've no doubt they are entirely fragrant - probable printed on scented A4. But I do hope copies have been passed to Walsh and Kimmage to peruse at their leisure before they shut up shop.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist

oldroadman

Veteran
WADA, IOC shuld take a good look in the mirror before critising others. For instance when did they last carry out a major investigation into another major sport?
That said, the UCI position has descended into a clusterf**k and they apparantly have no idea that when in a hole, get rid of the shovel!
None of which does our wonderful (and 99.9% clean through the levels) any good whatsoever.

I wasn't serious - just joking because I quite like the phrase "It stinks" at the minute due to it being applicable to so many pro-cycling issues.

We could have it in French. Le Puer (may or may not be grammatically correct)

Top Bottom