UCI World Championships 2023 (Spoliers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Would you believe it, my football and cricket mad grandson's with their mum and dad are off to Scotland for their holidays. They made an over night stop in Edinburgh and guess what. They can watch the road races from their hotel window!

No justice,

Still, if I can't be there in spirit, I can be there in name...

Screenshot_20230805_211524.jpg

Edit
Think this is Glasgow, not Edinburgh?

Last edited:

rualexander

Legendary Member
Great photos @rualexander I've tried to take pics in a velodrome... and failed.

Yeah, me too, took my good camera and lens this time, Fujifilm XE3 with 18-135mm lens.

Would you believe it, my football and cricket mad grandson's with their mum and dad are off to Scotland for their holidays. They made an over night stop in Edinburgh and guess what. They can watch the road races from their hotel window!

No justice,

Still, if I can't be there in spirit, I can be there in name...

View attachment 701611

I forgot it starts in Edinburgh. The city must be crazy with that and the Fringe.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
What's the age limit for the men's junior road race ? - they all look about 25 !!!
Junior races are U19 - i.e. 17 or 18.
It's defined as age on 31st Dec of the year in which the event takes place, so if your birthday is between the event and the end of the year, you could only be 16 (as was the case for the winner).

Incidentally, those who've been paying attention to such things say he's a very good bet for the junior mountain bike champs, on Thursday.

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
The roads looks stunning , some nice new tarmac in places and lovely weather

Va Va Froome

Über Member
A lot of this road race is just an “oh aye, I remember that pub” from my uni days in the city! :laugh:

It is nice seeing a route you recognise. Superb they got the weather for it and there’s such a strong turnout cheering on!

Top Bottom