UFO's. Are they real?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
I noticed this hadnt been started yet,so i thought i would.well? anyone seen any lately?

Mortiroloboy

Not lately, but check out the Ghost's thread for my UFO experience.

Alcdrew

Never seen one but by simple defination of the meaning, they do exist.

If you mean aliens dout it... Well I say dout it, I reckon there are other life forms out there, but not that come visiting us in spaceships.

Mortiroloboy

Alcdrew said:
Never seen one but by simple defination of the meaning, they do exist.

If you mean aliens dout it... Well I say dout it, I reckon there are other life forms out there, but not that come visiting us in spaceships.

What females?

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
The following is a true story.
Once saw a brightish orange flashing light over the open sea, moving slowly away, until it suddenly disappeared (warp speed?) after brightening up - main thrusters? It couldn't have been an aircraft or balloon. Others joined us and can confirm the same.
The next day a friend of ours said his work colleagues had been talking about this, as word had been spread by CB radio.
There was no known natural explanation for this .... except that a friend and myself had launched the thing a few minutes before anybody else turned up, and couldn't resist the temptation to suggest it was a UFO when they did. Hydrogen filled bin liners with a gun powder-in-selotape fuse - looks very effective once it has begun to drift across the horizon. The 'main thrusters' were the hydrogen bin liners burning up!

When I was at boarding school our twatty art teacher William Beilby used to bang on about UFOs all the time. He thought that God sent them (!?!).
We got him good! There was a wee copse near the school block at the top of a small field, we conspirators cut a UFO shape out of polystyrene sheet, covered it in baco foil from the kitchens and hung it from a tree. We sprinkled flour on the ground under it and pointed a couple of torches at it and wandered off to prep. An hour later some first years, as predicted, spotted it in the trees and came running into our classroom where Bill was on duty. What transpired was better than we could have imagined. Bill ran, we followed and there, as we looked up from the bottom of the hill, was the most amazing spactacle. The torch batteries had gone nearly flat so were flickering and as the wind blew the shape it looked as if it was fading back and forth between dimensions! Like when the transporter goes wrong on Star Trek. It also appeared to be absolutely enormous because of its position in the trees. We were gobsmacked. Beilby was utterly convinced, 'Stay back boys! It may be radioactive!' We stood there for ten minutes 'Do you think theyre friendly Sir?' Do you think they speak English Sir?'

Someone crept into the woods from behind and ran of with it, we (with fifty boys by this time) all ran up the hill, we removed the torches. Lads were picking up the flour and he was freaking out 'Noooo it may be toxic!

And that was it. The headmaster came out and told everyone to get back to class and stop pissing about, Beilby was still utterly convinced and got a withering 'you are an idiot' glare when he tried to convince the Head that he should call the army.

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
Depends on your definition of 'Real'

yenrod

In 95 i had the best year of my life on a bike everything seemed to go great phenomenonally fit (well it wasnt a phenomenon - it was physical ;)) I as on a high...then came october and i heard via the local free paper about a ufo seminar.

So, I was in deliberation to go, asked a few mates they weren't bothered so it was of such interest to me I decided to go...a Saturday afternoon.

Bufora or something if I recall...

Got there, a University in Liverpool, quite a few people there...in hall etc...

The people who ran the NW arm of the org. did most of the talking..but i was interested in any stories of these so called abductees..

Which a few people put there hand up to volunteer there experiences but the bloody people in charge decided it wasn't correct to air them...

Though I came away thinking hard about it and will be quite honest and say it freaked me alot actually...

As much as I can see the other side of this subject there has just got to be something more !

Ive got some ghost stories but'll post them in the Ghost thread...!

Richie1964

Most people find it hard to grap the immensity of space and time. 100 BILLION starts in our galaxy alone, and our galaxy is one of a hundred BILLION galaxies. I find it hard to believe that with the massive number of planets that exist out there life has not flourished. Surely to believe that this pale blue dot in space is the only that harbours life is both naive and arrogant. Check out the equation created many, many years ago by the astronomer Frank Drake. It uses a number of variables to calculate the number of civilisations in our galaxy. The answer may surprise you.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Unkraut said:
The following is a true story.
Once saw a brightish orange flashing light over the open sea, moving slowly away, until it suddenly disappeared (warp speed?) after brightening up - main thrusters? It couldn't have been an aircraft or balloon. Others joined us and can confirm the same.
The next day a friend of ours said his work colleagues had been talking about this, as word had been spread by CB radio.
There was no known natural explanation for this .... except that a friend and myself had launched the thing a few minutes before anybody else turned up, and couldn't resist the temptation to suggest it was a UFO when they did. Hydrogen filled bin liners with a gun powder-in-selotape fuse - looks very effective once it has begun to drift across the horizon. The 'main thrusters' were the hydrogen bin liners burning up!
Ooh, ohh, can you explain how it's done? With diagrams? ;):smile:

Brock

It's reasonable to assume that there is alien life somewhere out there. It's less reasonable to assume it manages to get here across the insane distances involved, only to spend its time buzzing lone halfwits in dark forests.

Top Bottom