Uglifying a bike to leave at station

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Forget the bike and take the Bakerloo line from Waterloo to Paddington. Ideally a Boris bike could be used for this trip but they are in high demand at rush hour.
There's nearly 300 bike docks around Waterloo now... might have to use an app like Open Bike Sharing to figure out which docks have bikes but shouldn't be impossible. Paddington at peak is harder as there's still only 50 around the station but there's worse things than a walk near Hyde park.

I can appreciate not taking a bike on those Waterloo services. I've only used shorter range ones a few times and they were phenomenally overcrowded. Never mind a seat - I felt I'd done well to have enough floor for both feet!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
  • The line I am on is FULL to the rafters when it arrives in Winchester where I get on.
Crikey. South West Trains really are terrible, aren't they? I'm lucky. If I'm commuting on SWT it's either against the flow towards Guildford or else from London Road Guildford on the slow line, where I'm guaranteed a seat.

subaqua

What’s the point
Crikey. South West Trains really are terrible, aren't they? I'm lucky. If I'm commuting on SWT it's either against the flow towards Guildford or else from London Road Guildford on the slow line, where I'm guaranteed a seat.

at least they havent started making you book bike spaces like the tw@ts at GWR . The Paddington to Reading at XX50 past the hour gateline was wanting reservations for bikes even though the GWR page says not possible to reserve for these type of trains.

utter cockwombles.

SWT gets whinged at but never had a problem WAT to winchester where we have a project, or even the return Journey even when racks have been ful the guard has let me on.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom