Uk's 1st roundabout 1909.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lutonloony

Über Member
I take my daughter along the greenway to Willian with her hitched up on the trail gator. She likes to have a bag of pork scratchings at The Fox. She's quite taken with that little roundabout.

Yeah it's very quiet isn't it. I went to Luton once, I thought it was Yemen.
That's why I emigrated to Devon,
Luton, not your daughter eating pork scratchings

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Now if we're talking roundabouts, this one in Hemel is magic

IMG_2134.jpg

Lozz360

Veteran
One of three roundabouts near the rail station in Oxford.The weird thing is, is that they have none of the road markings or signs that we would expect with a roundabout in the UK. Despite this, they are treated as roundabouts (giving way to traffic from the right, etc.) by just about all drivers and cyclists. In fact I would even go as far to say that traffic seems to obey roundabout rules better here without the markings and warning signs than when markings and signs are present.
44151468.jpg

Alex H

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4925957, member: 259"]There are an estimated 30000 roundabouts in France, and nobody knows how to use them.

The things you learn on CC! I've been told many times that they were a French invention, but apparently the first one was in Bath in 1768. Anyway, there are about 30000 roundabouts in France, and not one French driver who knows how to use them.[/QUOTE]

FTFY :okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4925957, member: 259"]There are an estimated 30000 roundabouts in France, and nobody knows how to use them.

The things you learn on CC! I've been told many times that they were a French invention, but apparently the first one was in Bath in 1768. Anyway, there are about 30000 roundabouts in France, and not one driver who knows how to use them.[/QUOTE]
Don't the French like their neighbours the Italians regard driving as a contact sport.

Top Bottom