Ultegra DI2 Groupset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chipmonster

Hi All

Just noticed the DI2 Ultegra groupset, now available from Wiggle.

I have read a few reviews and it sounds really good. Anyone invested in the DI2 Ultegra and what do you think? Is it worth the upgrade?

many thanks

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There is at least one forumer here who has the DA Di2 and he loves it.
It's been months and months since he had to charge it.

I also tried the Di2 on a Sky Pinarello at the London Bike Show last year. OK it was on a turbo but the gear changes were smooth and faultless.

Electronic gear changing is the future. And the tech is dribbling down, as you say there is now Ultegra level. Campag are now entering the fray and no doubt SRAM will also.

As to whether it's worth the cost? If you can afford it and you like bling, then yes it is.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
My LBS had one of the official Shimano Di2 demo rigs in for a day a few weeks back, very impressive. Gear changes as slick as you like, simultaneous front and rear shifting no bother, all the 'wrong' combinations no bother...
If/when I get a new bike, Di2 and EPS options will definitely be on the group set shortlist.

It's on my shopping list for March/April. Looking at getting the Cube Agree GTC Di2. Read nothing but good things about it!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
My lbs says that you need a frame which is compatible with the di2 groupset?

Is this correct ?
If by 'compatible' they mean an electronic-specific frame: nope, your LBS misinformed you. Both Ultegra and Dura Ace Di2 will fit on a 'regular' frame just fine (and AFAIK Campag EPS will be the same).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If by 'compatible' they mean an electronic-specific frame: nope, your LBS misinformed you. Both Ultegra and Dura Ace Di2 will fit on a 'regular' frame just fine (and AFAIK Campag EPS will be the same).

Yup, TC fitted his Di2 to an older (well for TC that is) frame.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
:whistle: :dance::secret:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hi All

Just noticed the DI2 Ultegra groupset, now available from Wiggle.

I have read a few reviews and it sounds really good. Anyone invested in the DI2 Ultegra and what do you think? Is it worth the upgrade?

many thanks
I think that the tech is good but if your on a budget then investing in better wheels would be a wiser choice .

Top Bottom