Ultegra or KMC X11 Chain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
No mines a 10spd
Hence the £15 then. No 11 speed for that!

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Pack of 2 10 speed KMC links is £4.65. Pack of 2 11 speed is £7.95. Not a huge difference tbh.

D

Deleted member 23692

There's nothing with with the pin, but come the day you need to remove the chain you'll spend ages looking for the one that's a 'wee bit different', whereas the quick link is much easier to find - I use a contrasting colour link so it's even easier. Added to that you can reuse the quicklink (even 10 and 11sp to some extent) whereas you'll need a new Shimano pin every time.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
71% more! The cheapest I could find just now were CRC - £9.49.
Found it - Ribble £7.95 :okay: BUT +1.99 postage = 9.94 - same as CRC then
Who orders that on its own though!?!

This thread is about the chsin remember, so the delivery is FREE with both items...and just found the chain is £2 cheaper again with Ribble! ;)

Which makes the 10 speed version actually 42% cheaper than the 11 speed. Percentages only really make sense when the values are higher though. £2.30 is less than a coffee at the end of the day, and can live with that for the superior shifting abilities!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
'If you look after the pennies the pounds look after themselves'
I have ordered just quicklinks by themselves - after all my bike came complete with chain, I then bought the links separately - I often buy low cost items alone, as needed, so delivery charges are important to me.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Well I have not needed a quick link on the chain that happened to come with my bike...so that's significantly cheaper than yours. ;)

Top Bottom