Ultegra Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmw492

Veteran
Seen these in sale ,I have a pair of Campagnolo Scirocco but was looking to get a new set of wheels as I've had them for a while,had Mavic Kysrium Elite in mind £470ish but then seen these,are they both similar,sale price always gets my attention but not always the best option, so anyone had a set of either or stick with Scirocco
Thanks

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-ultegra-6800-wheelset/

My Gran-Fondo has a pair, in conjunction with Schwalbe 'One' tyre ('23'), & for the few times, I had chance to ride it, they're nice wheels
Seem to pick up the speed well

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Mavic's every time for me.Kysrium Elite bullet proof, rode them for a couple of years, I now run the Cosmic Carbone SLEs
Never had a problem with either of them,
I do like Campagnolo wheels aswell.

dim

I'm not sure if they will be better than the Campagnolo Scirocco though. It may be worthwhile selling the Scirocco and buying Campagnolo Bullet wheels

Not had any Campagnolo Scirocco's but I have had some Ultegra's and a set of Mavic Kysrium Equippes ( not elites) . always preferred the Mavic's , they seemed to have more "snap" than the ultegra's which seemed a bit dull to me. I leap off kerbs a lot and the ultegra's felt like they were giving way on landing. Both were scrapped a few months ago as after 2 years of commuting etc both sets had concave rims, the Mavics more but only cos I used them 4 times as much.( Coles Rollen elites + Mavic Aksium's now as they were cheap)

OP
OP
gmw492

gmw492

Veteran
Thanks for replies ,very informative,yes think I was swayed by the word sale again,yes my Scirocco wheels are nice think I will hang on a bit longer and look at Mavic Kysrium again

Will Spin

Über Member
I've got 1 pair of these, plus an extra back wheel. They're nice wheels. I used them to replace my Mavics, which had concave rims after only very few miles (Hampshire flint paste is a very good abrasive). I've fitted tubeless on one of my bikes with these wheels.

Top Bottom