Ultra warm ski hat needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
An OT, but seasonal, question.

The last few times I have been skiing I have found that I get really bad "ice cream" type headaches when I am on long chairlifts in cold winds - so bad that they make me feel dizzy and nauseous. Last year I wore a buff, two hats (one inside the other) and kept my jacket hood up and still got headaches:sad:

Since then I have been trying to find a really warm ski hat, or hat I can sensibly wear skiing, but haven't seen anything that looks really warm.

Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
Thanks....looks suitably warm but I think I might stand out a bit on the slopes with one of those on:smile:

Mate have a look in Blacks and Nevisport i got mine from Nevisport 6 years ago when i was snowbording in the alps for two years. it was grate but Nevisport has now changed hands I don't know if they still sell Mounting hardwear.

Monty Dog

Picked up a fur-lined hat in Canada last spring - it has Thinsulate lining too - and is super toasty - got loads of hat-envy comments in the recent cold weather! Look for something with a windproof outer and polyester or fleece lining.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I got an alpaca wool hat from peru i think. only think but the warmest hat i've ever owned. get something in wool, merino will do if alpaca is proving hard to find :?:

Top Bottom