1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultra warm ski hat needed

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Danny, 24 Dec 2007.

1. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

An OT, but seasonal, question.

The last few times I have been skiing I have found that I get really bad "ice cream" type headaches when I am on long chairlifts in cold winds - so bad that they make me feel dizzy and nauseous. Last year I wore a buff, two hats (one inside the other) and kept my jacket hood up and still got headaches:sad:

Since then I have been trying to find a really warm ski hat, or hat I can sensibly wear skiing, but haven't seen anything that looks really warm.

Any suggestions?

2. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

One of these? :biggrin:

http://www.rusclothing.com/headwear/fur-hats/n--hat-rabbit-combi/

3. OP
    OP
    Danny

Danny Legendary Member

Thanks....looks suitably warm but I think I might stand out a bit on the slopes with one of those on:smile:

4. did you get one for chrismas? if not go for a mounting hardwear thay are grate, cost a but but grate.

5. Mate have a look in Blacks and Nevisport i got mine from Nevisport 6 years ago when i was snowbording in the alps for two years. it was grate but Nevisport has now changed hands I don't know if they still sell Mounting hardwear.

6. Monty Dog

Monty Dog New Member

Picked up a fur-lined hat in Canada last spring - it has Thinsulate lining too - and is super toasty - got loads of hat-envy comments in the recent cold weather! Look for something with a windproof outer and polyester or fleece lining.

7. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

I got an alpaca wool hat from peru i think. only think but the warmest hat i've ever owned. get something in wool, merino will do if alpaca is proving hard to find :?: