UN54/5 tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I bought an unbranded tool from Ebay. It worked but never really felt that it was located properly into the cup and did occasionally slip. I am not suggesting that the ones linked to will do the same, problem is you don't know until you get to use it. Eventually I bought an Icetoolz BB extractor and have used it many times and it works perfectly. You will need a half inch drive ratchet to use it though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bottom-Br...sure_Cycling_BikeLocks_SR&hash=item2c7783753b

You will need to get a crank extractor seperately of course.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I bought an unbranded tool from Ebay. It worked but never really felt that it was located properly into the cup and did occasionally slip. I am not suggesting that the ones linked to will do the same, problem is you don't know until you get to use it. Eventually I bought an Icetoolz BB extractor and have used it many times and it works perfectly. You will need a half inch drive ratchet to use it though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bottom-Br...sure_Cycling_BikeLocks_SR&hash=item2c7783753b

You will need to get a crank extractor seperately of course.
is that the exact tool you have?
at that price i will just get that a cheap crank pulley separately
is it worth spending more than a few quid ie 2 maybe 3 on a cheap no name crank puller?
Cheers Ed

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
X2 for the IceToolz gear. I have the UN55 tool and the Hollowtech tool as well. They appear to be great pieces of kit (and I do like my tools!) and work well. The fact you can use a 1/2 drive ratchet on them is a boon when you need a feckin long breaker bar to remove a stubborn B/B.

I think I bought mine with free P&P from EVANS

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Sorry. No I don't want new cranks every time! So what do Ice Tools do one?
Cheers Ed

I thought we had done the whole grammar and punctuation thing before :laugh:

IceToolz crank extractor

I just realised, you do know how to work Google don't you? There is no need for you to ask such simple questions. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
@fossyant you really are on the ball today aren't you?! Congrats
I guess I will just have to splash out the tenner of for a park or ice one but but cheap buy twice hey! And I am a strong believed of quality tools :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

compo

Veteran
I have a 35 year old Raleigh branded crank extractor which has never failed me yet. I cannot recommend a modern one through lack of personal experience but would be happy buying IceToolz or Park going by other people's experiences.

compo

Veteran
X2 for the IceToolz gear. I have the UN55 tool and the Hollowtech tool as well. They appear to be great pieces of kit (and I do like my tools!) and work well. The fact you can use a 1/2 drive ratchet on them is a boon when you need a feckin long breaker bar to remove a stubborn B/B.

Also handy, if like me, you want to use a torque wrench.

Top Bottom