Uncontrollable urge to go to decathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...it's calling me....I need to resist....it's not a question of need, more a compulsive resolute and pressing desire to see what I might one day need....is this cyclist related illness?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Most definitely a cycling illness. Get to the doctors immediately. Counseling would help as well. You must resist such urges and take a cold shower straight away. Failing that cut up your credit card and repeat the mantra, I must not buy new bits for my bike:ohmy:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
P.S. Also remember that cycling shops are dens of iniquity, they are there only to relieve you of your hard earned cash, you must resist at all costs.

stephec

Legendary Member
I can't help going into Decathlon in Stockport as I pass it at least once a week for work. It doesn't help when they have clothing at vastly reduced prices such as the Biemme bibtights that I saw last month, fifteen quid down from forty.

Luckily there was some kids padded baggies for £3.99 reduced that I bought for my lad, this went some way to offseting the grief that I would normally get. :evil:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have a £3 loyalty voucher that NEEDS spending !! I pass very close to Stockport Decathlon on my bike every day.....but so far have resisted the urge to call in - something to do with not dripping in sweat in the store. Usually pop in at the weekends !

yello

Go... and be very critical! Tell yourself, as you look at the Btwin stuff, 'yeah, but it ain't Assos'... or whatever. Convince yourself that it's really just one step above tat and you're on your way to a cure.

These days, I have little urge to visit Decathlon. I know what is there and it fails to excite me any more. It's only when I NEED something that I go in now.

Renard

You are Daley Thompson and I claim my £5 :thumbsup:

ChrisKH

Guru
I'll beat you there BTFB. I'll be in the shiny new bits section, or in the changing room trying on a new set of bibs. Or most likely drooling over their top end road bikes. :thumbsup:

You don't have to spend in there (but it helps).:biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
I saw sodding great signs for Decathlon while driving in Castellon Spain. Ooh, ooh....

Could i find it....:evil::angry:! Sodding signs were probably bigger than the store. Gutted.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I couldnt find it either...I just ordered the shirt and left a note with the order stating that if the XXXL size isnt 44"+ they should call me before sending it

Top Bottom