Uncontrollable urge to go to decathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simoncc

The only things, apart from complete bikes, that Decathlon seems to do cheap is brake and gear cables.

yello

99% of it is excellent quality and very good value.

Yes, I'd agree with that.

But I had to tell myself there was better stuff available just to stop myself buying from Decathlon though. The 'need' element had been replaced by the desire to buy. I have fortunately gone 'cold turkey' and weaned myself off of Decathlon now!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

ok...I caved in and went...sorry.

I ended up with a new waterproof jacket, road jersey, gloves, silk sleeping bag liner, compass/whistle/thermometer gizmo and an inflatable pillow...all for a few pennies over £70.

The Quecha jacket is pretty neat...good size cycle fit, lined, pockets and vents, reflective strips , bright red so hi vis, full zip.

I looked at the sat nav systems but opted for the more reliable £2 compass and whistle route!

I asked three assisitants where the sweat bands were...none had any clue ..oh well.

Beware anyone who intends following in my footsteps...neanderthal chav wvm is out in force in 3/4 length bermudas flip flops and an england shirt, three necks and two earings...but he's only frequenting the camping section looking at infaltable beds, huge tents etc...the fitness sections were devoid of such animals, except the fishing and football shirt sections....hmm..

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...it's calling me....I need to resist....it's not a question of need, more a compulsive resolute and pressing desire to see what I might one day need....is this cyclist related illness?

No - defiantly not, I get this urge twice a year. In November when the ski stuff goes in and again in April for the summer cycle stuff.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
6 year old wants to go camping. Told him we had to do a night in the garden before we went anywhere. We did that last night, in a Quechua tent.

One of the 3 man, 3 second tents. Had a great night.

The bags got a carry handle, rucksack straps internal pocket for the pegs and a sewn in instruction panel showing how to put up and fold down the tent.

And if you can't understand the instructions - a link to their vid on the net!

Normal tent price £50, 50% off and used a £3 loyalty voucher. £22!! Happy bunny ;)

Top Bottom