Under Desk Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I think a standing desk would be more practical

A standing desk.... while on a unicycle!

vickster

Legendary Member
But I already do!
This isn't to try and replace what I am already doing, it's to compliment it. My job requires me to be at my desk for several hours at a time, so while I am here, let's add to what I'm already doing when I can go out to walk at lunch/cycle home/run in the evening/walk before work.

Please, I'm not looking for alternative suggestions. I'm really after experience from those who've used one of these desk pedal sets.
I think everyone is making the point that they haven't used one for the reasons given (noisy, risk to joints and posture etc)...and no one has tried for those reasons :okay:

Maybe if you're sedentary it'd be easier to cut a couple of hundred more calories from your daily consumption and make sure your calories are clean, varied and healthy (these actually being the main way to lose weight)

OP
OP
MahatmaAndhi

MahatmaAndhi

My diet is fine and is varied. I use MyFitnessPal to log my food and drink intake and have paid for premium for a more granular look at the food and drink that I consume.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I just want a recommendation on a particular set, not a critique on my dietary and exercise choices.

vickster

Legendary Member
My diet is fine and is varied. I use MyFitnessPal to log my food and drink intake and have paid for premium for a more granular look at the food and drink that I consume.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I just want a recommendation on a particular set, not a critique on my dietary and exercise choices.
Buy and try...from weblink you posted
30 Day Money-Back Guarantee
If for any reason you decide that the DeskCycle is not for you, simply return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. We even pay for return shipping. :okay:
Ultimately, only you’ll know if it suits your needs and work environment. Simples as they say

I realise that you would like to control who replys and who doesn't but...…….. perhaps it would be a good idea to realise that people can reply to a thread if they so wish, …..I still see no recommendations...…………….

Last edited:
OP
OP
MahatmaAndhi

MahatmaAndhi

I realise that you would like to control who replys and who doesn't but...…….. perhaps it would be a good idea to realise that people can reply to a thread if they so wish, …..I still see no recommendations...…………….

Correct.
But, like with most things in life, if your contribution isn't useful then it might be a good idea to hold it back.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

The picture of a woman using it at her desk is odd. How can she pedal the thing while on a swivelling chair with castors? She'll be all over the place unless she grips her desk with both hands!

Have you considered that you'll need a static chair and that these don't normally come with all the adjustability of normal office chairs?

Also, does your job involve the use of display screen equipment (DSE)? My employer completes a DSE assessment for every employee and your suggested setup would most likely not pass it. You should run this past your HR department to see if they are happy with it from an employee safety point of view.

AndyRM

XOXO
Some joker brought one in as part of a "let's try and do healthy things" in the office initiative.

It was not well received by anyone who tried it, myself included. Very uncomfortable, and noisy too.

I wouldn't bother.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It won't provide any fitness or health benefit to you because of what you are already doing. The intensity you'll be able to do whilst working will be so low I doubt it'd get your heart rate above 80. Get up from your desk every 15 mins and go for a walk round the office, do some squats, do some tricep dips on your desk. Those under desk cycle gizmos are desinged for people who do no exercise at all.

Top Bottom