Under my helmet???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Holdsworth

Über Member
I have a problem with buffs used as a balaclava. No matter how loose it is under the chin I always feel like I am being choked and have to take it off after a minute or two on the bike. I have made sure it isn't folded over under there and that my helmet's chin strap is slack enough so that it doesn't press on the buff. I'll just have to put up with a cold chin this year I suppose.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
SportsDirect are doing a merino buff for about £19 right now.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/buff-merino-900014

If I feel brave enough, I may just venture forth into The Hell That Is Westfield and pick one up tomorrow. Wish me luck.:cry:

gary in derby

I have a problem with buffs used as a balaclava. No matter how loose it is under the chin I always feel like I am being choked and have to take it off after a minute or two on the bike. I have made sure it isn't folded over under there and that my helmet's chin strap is slack enough so that it doesn't press on the buff. I'll just have to put up with a cold chin this year I suppose.
Beard? works for me lol

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I use a motorcycling balaclava when it is really cold. Thicker than a buff, it keeps my neck, ears & face warm too and is not too bulky under the helmet.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Sugoi winter cap, like a normal cycling cap, but wool with a breathable wicking liner, and a 'pelmet' that folds down over your ears

eszMI35aZXKdXv6sCoijMAgEmiISU3m0VwNEyGtZJRUh9_Yu2J25Plqsv8yTMHncvnkCbtvUG_zP75sNuihEPw6hAaUTeOBOsxfrroX7760WQhwrm3QF7rjfH2VflMDZWkq_rPebeDGgbjuEz82VRWDzm3q0c-3De3MF_s8ElOc2qiX6X_FLW5Q1xsC32rrSfx9zKts22SikQe61AkM=s220-c

just about to pull mine on and wander off into the night.

Grizzly

I use one of these. It can be used around the neck only, or to cover your mouth and nose, or as a balaclava with the mouth and nose covered or open so you can breath easier.

Top Bottom