understanding 'road tax'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PocketFrog

Northern Monkey
That's a lot of information to shout back while they pass at 70mph, do you think it's acceptable to condense it all into the following?:

"Toss off you nobber"

Ningishzidda

I have been shouted at regarding no RFL disc on my bicycle.
IME, motorists shout those kind of remarks at cyclists who are riding like plonkers.

There are two types of Plonker on a bike.
The first type are the ones who ride dead slow and drift out into the middle of the lane at every ‘pinch point’ no matter how long the queue of other road users is.
The second type are the ones who weave in and out of traffic at speed, ride across reds and nip across footpaths to take a shortcut.

I have experimented with being both types of plonkers; and a good cyclist.

The shouts come when I imitate a plonker.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
IME, motorists shout those kind of remarks at cyclists who are riding like plonkers.

The first type are the ones who ride dead slow and drift out into the middle of the lane at every ‘pinch point’ no matter how long the queue of other road users is.
The second type are the ones who weave in and out of traffic at speed, ride across reds and nip across footpaths to take a shortcut.

Not always the case mate. I get it a lot here and I don't ride as you describe, ever.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I find it difficult to understand something which does not exist no amount of documents or posts is going to help me on this one.

Kookas

Über Member

Slow cyclists have as much of a right to safety as the quicker ones.

That said, if I had my way, any cyclist doing below 10 mph would be legally allowed on the pavement.

Kookas

Über Member
[QUOTE 2473656, member: 259"]Someone passing at 10mph is pretty fast if you're a pedestrian!

Cyclists over here are allowed to ride on pavements "at walking speed" - whatever that means...[/quote]

True, but most people hit 8 mph in a mad dash for the bus, yet running is fine on the pavement. Walking speed sounds terrible, though - I think you'd actually be more dangerous at 4mph than 10 simply because you no longer have the gyroscopic effect helping you to balance and maintain a straight & steady course.

Top Bottom