Underwear under cycling shorts...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Punt1971

Regular
...not any more!!

Always used to. The thought of going nekkid under them just seemed wrong!

Tried it for the first time on Saturday and I have to say it was the most comfortable ride I've ever had!

I'm converted :smile:

subaqua

What’s the point
yup, i did 1 day with pants on underneath. never done pants since, always just the cycling shorts

fossala

Guru
I used to wear normal shorts and underwear, but had bad chaffing. I switched to lycra shorts and ditched the boxers the same day, never looked back.

2pies

Veteran
Padded undershorts, then normal shorts or 3/4s for me. I just can't bear to inflict the rest of the world with the sight of myself in just cycle shorts.

Terry Kay

Never tried with underwear! Can only imagine its really uncomfortable after a few miles.. Though not had need for chamois cream yet.. I gather that's for rubbing issues?

Peteaud

Veteran
What do wear under your swimming trunks?

Nothing, but they are not skin tight.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Nothing under mine (usually more true when I get back after a ride than I'd like :whistle:) plus I never wear shorts over the top either. If I want the look of normal shorts I have a pair of padded baggy shorts I got from Tenn a couple of years ago. They don't sell the same shorts but cycle-clothes have some similar for anyone not wanting Lycra.

DRHysted

Guru
I just can't bear to inflict the rest of the world with the sight of myself in just cycle shorts.

To save my sanity I make a point of not looking in any reflective surface, I leave others to worry about their own sanity. But I don't mind the raucaous laughter that follow me.

rb58

Enigma
Never worn anything under my cycling shorts. I can't imagine anything more uncomfortable than having pants on under the Lycra. I bet the bacteria love it though....

festival

Über Member
I find it amazing that some even consider the possibility that something is worn under their shorts, You will be telling me you don't shave your legs next.

kokopop48

I am 66 been cycling since iwas 11 always wore underwear with cycling shorts tried without this morning most uncomfortable ride i have ever had cut my ride short and camehome to get changed after5 miles so i say to each is own

Top Bottom