Unexpected benefit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Same here, not just with the credit card but also with the scales :sad:

On the bright side my consultant wants me to get cycling again, it is just the practical side of not being able to sit up for very long or balance when I stop now that need to be addressed which could mean n+1 on cc bill...:whistle:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Same here, not just with the credit card but also with the scales :sad:

On the bright side my consultant wants me to get cycling again, it is just the practical side of not being able to sit up for very long or balance when I stop now that need to be addressed which could mean n+1 on cc bill...:whistle:

You lost weight pre-op IIRC...and aren't you a little slip of a thing anyhow...unlike me :sad:

My knee surgeon isn't especially pro cycling, he always looks a tad horrified if I say I can ride 70-100 miles a week, and says I'm overdoing it (probably right given knackered knees), and seemed pleased when I said I had probably only done a hundred or so altogether in November/ December (ok was more like 200-250 but a lot less)

Hopefully he'll let me back in gym and on static bike after a few weeks, assuming I can, and on the roads after 6ish

You lost weight pre-op IIRC...and aren't you a little slip of a thing anyhow...unlike me :sad:
Yep, I did. But I am now back to my summer weight and it is fat not muscle and i might just have to accept defeat and get some side 12 trousers. :cry: my weight has at least now stabilised thankfully, I think. I just have to deal with my anorexic teenage years, they still cause me issues when I put weight on :sad: I'm right on the edge of normal/overweight now and given I am now slightly shorter...

Luckily my consultant didn't bat an eye lid at me telling her I was cycling +150 miles a week, so I am quite fortunate there. She even remembered that we where did to be house sitting and in a bigger place and asked if we had moved in yet and how long we were in it! I just need to decide what the best way forward for getting me cycling again is... Financially a turbo trainer and suitable tyre for a mtb is roughly the same cost as adult stabilisers and the same cost as a 2nd hand 3 speed step through trike... I just know how little I actually used the turbo trainer last time I purchased one (sold in 15 months ago virtually unused).

Fingers crossed for you.

SNSSO

Top Bottom