Unfortunate (genuine) names

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I mentioned this in the "retired" thread.
In last nights news it mentioned a man called Mr Wan King.
I googled it and that is the correct spelling.
I know there have been people named Richard Head.
Any others you can think of ??

mm - none immediately - vaguely related - a client of mine gave company email addresses to its employees formed of their first name followed by first letter of their second.
Dumb old me only asked in a meeting why the email of one of my primary contacts in their marketing department didn't follow the pattern.
first name - ana

second name began with "l"

Drago

Legendary Member
There was (...is?) an electronic test equipment manufacturer called Wayne Kerr.

I briefly worked in a factory after leaving school while awaiting my Army application to progress, and they had there and Ivor Bunny, Irving Mumbles, Jenny Penny, and John Thomas. I don't think any one had ever told JT what a JT was, as he seemed totally oblivious to it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Not a person, but in the days of the regional crime squads the one on my patch was the North East Regional Crime Squad.

A few of the coppers objected to being called 'nercs', so it was renamed Regional Crime Squad (North East).

I rang up the local takeaway to order some food, and the fella said 'Hello, I am Po King, the manager' - so I said I'd call back later.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Major Dick Bong, Born Richard Ira Bong. Claimed 40 air-to-air victories in WW2. He also claimed he had poor gunnery skills and flew so close to the enemy planes, that he would often get showered with debris and on one occasion even hit an enemy with his plane and claimed a "probable victory".

What a bloke...

Sharky

Guru
When I worked in an insurance brokers office I always remember one client called James Bond. Always had to try not to laugh when he said it. Oh, and he was nothing like the real James Bond! :laugh:
I too came across a James Bond when I worked at Commercial Union. Wonder if it was the same person.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not a person, but in the days of the regional crime squads the one on my patch was the North East Regional Crime Squad.

A few of the coppers objected to being called 'nercs', so it was renamed Regional Crime Squad (North East).
I knew a PC Crook. She couldn't get married and change her name quick enough!

During my early years in TVP 5here was a constable sergeant, and a sergeant constable.

In t'Army there was a lad who's surname was Paul. When ever a senior officer called him, "PAUL!" he would reply "yes Dave?", which invariably earned him a telling off.

Top Bottom