Unfortunate headline

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Shouldn't laugh, but :rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:!

thomas

the tank engine
Having read the article properly, but the police got a lot of unnecessary stick at the time from some parties. The Catholic church complained that the police shouldn't shoot on holy land..or something like that.

The police officer responded saying, he didn't care if it was Tesco's car park.

Quite right. He stopped someone in a subway saying he'd start shooting people, showed the man a gun. The chap had to run home as he didn't have a mobile with him.

This isn't new news. They knew he was suicidal and his motives were probably to get himself killed just after it happened.

Guildford's the town next to me...about 6 miles away. My friend lives just around the corner from the Cathedral.

akaAndrew

I think it's desperately said that someone should want to take their own life.

But I have no idea how the police can deal with the situation of someone wanting to be 'suicided'. They have to respond as if the person is armed and dangerous.

MajorMantra

akaAndrew said:
I think it's desperately said that someone should want to take their own life.

But I have no idea how the police can deal with the situation of someone wanting to be 'suicided'. They have to respond as if the person is armed and dangerous.

Quite. I think it's tragic but also incredibly selfish. The poor policeman who pulled the trigger has to live with having taken a life. It's like getting yourself run over on purpose which would doubtless ruin the life of some unfortunate driver.

Matthew

akaAndrew

I'm not sure of your meaning Matthew. Do you want to clarify?

It can be devastating for the family too. Plus they'll have to face police enquiries and press into the bargain.

MajorMantra

akaAndrew said:
I'm not sure of your meaning Matthew. Do you want to clarify?

It can be devastating for the family too. Plus they'll have to face police enquiries and press into the bargain.

I meant that the action of the person committing 'suicide by cop' was selfish because it placed the burden of taking his life on another person, the hapless policeman.

Matthew

akaAndrew

Agreed. It's further down the list of sympathies for me but, yes, it'd be something the police officer has to deal with.

Top Bottom