Uninsured driver leaves cyclist for dead.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Agreed - 'drunk cider at the hotel' :angry:

A minimum of 5 years, plus licence permanently revoked would act as a slight deterrent to others.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Daily Mail readers are going to be left in a quandary. Who to support and blame, by default it will be the cyclist for jumping red lights, riding on the pavement etc but on the plus side they went to great effort to say he is was a military man.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Daily Mail readers are going to be left in a quandary. Who to support and blame, by default it will be the cyclist for jumping red lights, riding on the pavement etc but on the plus side they went to great effort to say he is was a military man.
DM readers were 100% united in their condemnation of the pathetic sentence if you care to read the comments.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
he just got done for falling to stop and failing to report

I assume no evidence to prove that he had drunk cider prior to getting to hotel or driven dangerously / without due care etc as no witnesses or CCTV and the toe-rag scarpered to the hotel and had a drink or two to preempt any breath or blood test.

Seemed like he knew what to do after the incident, went to a place where he would be seen drinking alcohol so presumably they couldn't prove he was under the influence at the time of driving. Seems to have worked very well with a very lenient sentence. Probably a gifted liar. Unemployed with a cost of living crisis and casually books into a hotel admittedly a cheap one. I wonder if he has a past criminal record at all.

I know you shouldn't assume the judgement is wrong and reading news like this does not give you the full picture but I can't help but feel incredibly suspicious about this person. Seems like the actions of someone who knows how to work the law in their favour.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
DM readers were 100% united in their condemnation of the pathetic sentence if you care to read the comments.

Ahh I see that the 'moderated' comments do that - obviously the paper prefer the Army Major side of things despite that having no bearing whatsoever on what happened.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can't help but wonder - why are stabbings on the rise? Just get in a car and run people over instead - a fraction of the sentence.

Exactly. Get off scott free.

Top Bottom