Unintentional misgendering!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Of myself, that is.
I fancied buying a small item of clothing from FLAB, the Fat Lad at the Back cycling clothing make that you all of course know.
Many times I have seen lads (fat or skinny) on CC pictures wearing gear this company makes.
I assumed that was what the company specializes in, clothing for chubby male cyclists.
Well, as I wanted a thermal cap just to wear under my other head wear for extra warmth, the logo did not bother me, the item came up discounted on a random FB ad, so I bought it, wore it, does the job.
Now, a few weeks later, another add for cycling gear pops up on my FB: FLATB - yes, you guessed it right, Fat Lass at the Back ....
I'm a stupid! :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

Never heard of them so a quick Google & like the idea of a jersey with the message, saw they had some clearance items, checked them out & was going to buy one till I saw the only had 36" on sale, somebody who has a 36" chest is hardly a Fat Lad, maybe there's another idea in waiting Pigeon Lad at the Back

Nibor

Bewildered
To be honest their gear is first class quality wise and they are the only company that make jerseys to fit me (I am in their spare tyre size) but it is pricy and I only ever buy when on serious discount or second hand.

tom73

Guru
They are quite an incisive brand use SM a lot and are effective with it. They have built up quite a community and following they also do events which welcome anyone what ever your size. Anything that make's people welcome and feel incisive and not outsiders has to be a good thing. Mrs 73 has some stuff from them and it's quite good quality. Once at a let's ride event someone spotted Mrs 73 and told her mum who was fair from big. She came across to say how nice it was that someone else was in the same gear and how much she liked them. Which at the time made Mrs 73 feel even more welcome as for the name it's just some fun the guys behind the brand are big guys and wanted some gear that fitted them. They are a northern based company so maybe it's a northern thing. They did appear on Dragons Den the name and the idea it was fun was lost on the dragons.

They also do a stealth range which just has the logo so no-one need know. It may not be for everyone but if it makes people feel part of something and not uncomfortable then why not.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
They can't be Northern, not at those prices!

They can, they just have their target market in the south.

I can't bring myself to buy stuff from companies with stupid names. Also fattist.

Fat Face make by far the best plain white T shirt on the high street so I can forgive the stupid name. Oddly enough, the T shirts are good for slimsfit.
l

classic33

Leg End Member
73kg and according to the bathroom scales, 10kg of me is bone, 37kg is water and 41% is muscle. Which probably makes me heavier than the scales tell me. Maybe I have a gert spirit?

I’ll have Stolen Goat kit any day even though I have never stolen any livestock in my life. Flamingo yes. Goats no. But that’s another story.
If you should notice a sudden weight loss of 21g, that'll be because your soul has gone

Top Bottom