1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

University Dissertation Study

Discussion in 'Research and Questionnaires' started by evcrockford, 20 Jul 2016.

1. evcrockford

evcrockford New Member

Good morning,

I am undertaking a psychological study for my dissertation to examine the psychology amongst multiple road cycling disciplines, and wondered if anyone on here would be able to spare five minutes to fill out a quick questionnaire?

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone within cycling clubs could also take the time to SHARE the questionnaire with other fellow cyclists via all social media platforms.

Kind regards.

Questionnaire link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...TPowxw_93DE5Wtl8CPrSag/viewform?usp=send_form

2. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

I've approved this post, but having looked at the questions I am failing to see any relevance to the kind of road cycling I do. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong as mine doesn't feature marijuana, swingers, homosexuality, wild parties, body odour, or mountain climbing!

Oh, and question 22 needs adjusting as Gaydar's are not real and you cannot tell people's sexuality just by looking at them (I checked with my gay brother and his husband to get an informed view).

It'll be interesting to see how this one goes ... please do come back and let us know the results and what you conclude from them. :okay:

Cheers,
    Shaun :biggrin:

raleighnut, Rockymountain and jefmcg like this.
  3. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

As what the boss has said.
    The questions have no relevance to cycling what so ever... so i'm out.

4. Sorry, too narrow questions. It's possible not to do drugs (no time!) but not be against them.

raleighnut likes this.
  5. Having read @Shaun 's post I don't think I'll click the link. It sounds a bit racy.

Pat "5mph" and raleighnut like this.
  6. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

This appears to be a Myers-Briggs style questionnaire looking to profile the 'average' cyclist.

Honestly, as an academic, it's abysmal.

Shaun likes this.
  7. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

I've done it but it's a bit of a guess trying to work out which extreme I'm nearer sometimes.

8. jefmcg

jefmcg Guru

While you were talking to them, did you ask ....

1. 29. *
      • A. I like to date members of the opposite sex who are physically exciting
      • B. I like to date members of the opposite sex who share my values
    Almost every question, the two answers are not the only possible responses. Eg, what if you don't like parties at all?

9. Q476
    If you arrive at a party do you:
    A. Shag the first person you see
    B. Run home crying watching back to back Bridget Jones films.

raleighnut and Rockymountain like this.
  10. jefmcg

jefmcg Guru

I think this survey came through a time warp from the 1960s. Gender binary, everyone taking the survey is heterosexual, "jet set", "swingers", new hallucinogens (LSD?), "travelslides"???, "far out" etc etc.

glasgowcyclist likes this.
  11. So, did you:
    A. Complete it whilst sat naked in the library
    B: Set fire to it and throw it at a child

12. palinurus

palinurus Guru

I'm definitely doing this survey.

13. Drago

Drago Guru

I did the survey, but lied on every answer ;)

mickle likes this.
  14. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Bang on!

There's no option for commuting as a discipline, which is missing out a major group.

GC

summerdays likes this.
  15. Rockymountain

Rockymountain A Scotsman abroad

I'd like to know a little more before filling this in......what are the hypotheses that are being tested, for example? Has the questionnaire been validated? Has an academic supervisor signed this off?