University Dissertation Study

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evcrockford

Good morning,

I am undertaking a psychological study for my dissertation to examine the psychology amongst multiple road cycling disciplines, and wondered if anyone on here would be able to spare five minutes to fill out a quick questionnaire?

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone within cycling clubs could also take the time to SHARE the questionnaire with other fellow cyclists via all social media platforms.

Kind regards.

Questionnaire link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...TPowxw_93DE5Wtl8CPrSag/viewform?usp=send_form

Shaun

Founder
I've approved this post, but having looked at the questions I am failing to see any relevance to the kind of road cycling I do. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong as mine doesn't feature marijuana, swingers, homosexuality, wild parties, body odour, or mountain climbing!

Oh, and question 22 needs adjusting as Gaydar's are not real and you cannot tell people's sexuality just by looking at them (I checked with my gay brother and his husband to get an informed view).

It'll be interesting to see how this one goes ... please do come back and let us know the results and what you conclude from them. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

I checked with my gay brother and his husband to get an informed view
While you were talking to them, did you ask ....

1. 29. *
    • A. I like to date members of the opposite sex who are physically exciting
    • B. I like to date members of the opposite sex who share my values
Almost every question, the two answers are not the only possible responses. Eg, what if you don't like parties at all?

Q476
If you arrive at a party do you:
A. Shag the first person you see
B. Run home crying watching back to back Bridget Jones films.

User269

Whiskywheels stuck record reply..............another meaningless invalid 'questionnaire' masquerading as academic research. Alarm bells start at the nonsense statement............"psychological study for my dissertation to examine the psychology.........".

@User14044 has asked the same question. The questionnaire has not been designed in accordance with established research methodology, can't possibly have been approved by any academic supervisor, ethics committee, but I'm sure Mickey Mouse thinks it's OK.

I find it deeply depressing that someone is submitting a dissertation based on a questionnaire that they've just plucked out of the air. Don't they teach them anything these days about questionnaire design and research protocol?

It's a semantic differential questionnaire, which in order to be valid has to be based on extensive content analysis of random interviews with the cohort being investigated...............oh I give up...........I'm going to go and shout at the TV now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom