Unknown frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mac121165

Hi. About four years ago i acquired a frame. There were no stickers or any identifying marks other than the frame number B149 hand stamped into the bottom bracket. checking out the frame i have found:
1) A lubrication hole in the head stock.
2) What seems to be a TDC head stock bearing set.
3) Campag dropouts front and rear.
4) A gas pump bracket on the back of the seat tube.
5) what seem to be Ekla lugs and spear pointed up rights to seat tube.
6) All lugs are brazed.
7) the whole frame is very light weight. The tubing is quite thin.
I would really like to find out a bit more about this frame.

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0591.jpg
    IMG_0591.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 98

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
You have to like those rear stays

Some nice lugs as well

It has got certain similarities with a Flying Scot. Is there a number stamped into the back of the front fork crown ?
There aren't any holes in the steerer tube for any badges which would help in identification.
What is the shape of the rear brake bridge ?
You could take a look at the Flying Scot History web site. It shows lots of frame details, lugs, fork crown and other information .
Your bike looks nice.

OP
OP
Mac121165

Mac121165

There isn't a number on the back of the fork crown, but there is one on the tube above that goes inside the steering head tube. I will have a look on the laptop after work and post it.

That looks like a number but it is different to your frame number. It may have been replaced at some time in the past .
It looks as though the forks were light blue originally . Was the frame light blue underneath the dark blue before you painted it ?

I just looked up Ella lugs and it seems they were in use from the late 40's early 50'. The fork crown looks like it might also be an Ekla.
I did see that Maclean's used Ella lugs and named one of their cycles after them . I also noticed that their frame number started KB followed by 3 numbers.
It seems that some other famous frame builders used Ekla lugs, it is just a question of tracking down the frame number.

classic33

Leg End Member
Forks appear to have taken a hit.

What are the two dot's below and either side of the "B", A& is it a 9 that has been stamped, there's nothing below it other than a dot below and to the right. Reducing the the number to "B14"

Last edited:
Top Bottom