Unprepared cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Roger that. I carry a spare tube and a pump, but if the brown stuff really hits the rotating bladed object I would phone woman the come rescue me un the family, Er - almost ashamed to admit this - 4 x 4.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
No point with the kitchen sink unless you have washing up liquid handy for removing oil/brake dust from hands :laugh:
Could help for finding the p****, air bubbles? Course, you'd have to carry enough water too, or cycle by a stream?
BTW, I always carry a powerlink too...

compo

Veteran
At the moment I have a new chain in my pannier, as well as a pump and tubes and puncture repair bits. I fitted a new (KMC) chain last week but cut it too short so added a couple of links back re-using a pin like we used to years ago. I have a powerlink on the chain but didn't have a spare one. After all the warnings of doom about reusing pins I am carrying a new chain cut to length ready just in case. Give it a couple of weeks then I will return it to the spares box.

Twanger

Über Member
Get a Brompton. Pump permanently mounted in the rear triangle, and utterly useless for presta valves so won't get borrowed by roadie kids.

Reason #548 for getting a Brompton.

Top Bottom