UNREAD THREADS settings change

Shaun

Founder
Don't worry if all the forums and threads have suddenly appeared as unread. I have changed the way that read/unread markers are applied to threads.

The previous cookie-based system was a bit hit-and-miss and would often shown threads as unread when you've actually read them. I've changed the settings to use a database system that should be more accurate.

Unfortunately, when you make the change every forum and thread is shown as unread to every user. Once you start viewing threads the settings will 'stick' and be retained. After 10 days, any threads you haven't read will be automatically marked as read.

Sorry to throw this at you without warning, but I only just found out about it and wanted to get it going straight away!

Cheers,
Shaun

(The pesky admin bloke!) ;)

jay clock

Massive member
I am completely lost on this read/unread thing. I saw another thread in Announcements just now about this, and foolishly clicked on "mark all as read" or somesuch under Quick Links. Now the announcement forum only has about 10 threads whereas before it had many more (I think)

a) how do i reset to not shown as read

:ohmy: my preferred option is to be able to do what C+ did, to click an option to show all new posts in the last 1/2/6/12/24 hrs etc. Is there any way I can do this

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
jay clock said:
I am completely lost on this read/unread thing. I saw another thread in Announcements just now about this, and foolishly clicked on "mark all as read" or somesuch under Quick Links. Now the announcement forum only has about 10 threads whereas before it had many more (I think)

I'm not sure what's happened here, but Announcements only has around 10 threads, and clicking Mark All Read doesn't get rid of any threads.

a) how do i reset to not shown as read

AFAIK you can't un-read a thread. Once you've read a thread, or marked it as read, it stays that way.

:ohmy: my preferred option is to be able to do what C+ did, to click an option to show all new posts in the last 1/2/6/12/24 hrs etc. Is there any way I can do this

I appreciate you're used to the old C+ forum software, but vBulletin operates differently and unfortunately I can't replicate every feature that you had before.

I'll bookmark this in my to-do folder in case I come across a mod that can offer this capability. :ohmy:

Cheers,
Shaun

Top Bottom