Unthinking workmen, stupid driver, discouraged cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Membrane said:
I'm not interested in engaging in pedanticism.

ok, then your original statement was wrong

There was no pedantry there, I disagreed with your original statement.

Rather than defend your original statement, you abandoned it and came back with a comment about how ‘smart’ it would be.

That original statement being built round the concepts of fair or smart give 2 completely different sentences.

I’ll admit expecting drivers to drive at all times by the highway code is not ‘smart’. My first rule when driving or riding is to assume that all other road users are pratts, if they can emerge from a junction, they will etc.

But.

Whats unfair about wanting or expecting drivers know the highway code?

They ‘bang on’ enough about how they have to pass a test and cyclists don’t.

Cab

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
At the normal traffic lights a little further down the road the driver behind me leant out of their car and shouted "Whatch what you're doing idiot. The road isn't a playground" When I explained what I had done, he simply shouted "Well you should have thought about that before getting on a poncy little bike then shouldn't you."

Heres where you went wrong I think. You don't engage this person in conversation; you either yell at him (not the best option sometimes), you just abuse him (sometimes the most satisfying), give him a rude gesture (easy, quick, you then look away and show utter contempt) or you ignore him completely. Having a conversation with someone yelling crap like that isn't going to help; his problem isn't how you're behaving, his problem is that you're on a bike and he's got a small penis.

Top Bottom