Unusual encounter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swansonj

Guru
Last night, half past midnight, I was already asleep when the doorbell rang. Answering it in my dressing gown, there was what I can only assume was a prostitute. "John?" she said, which is indeed my name, "you called me half an hour ago" and tried to come in. After some fruitless conversation ("I don't know you"; "You called me") she clarified "You are John, 9 ----- Way?" "Ah", I said, enlightenment dawning, "No, this is 9 ------ Road, ------- Way is that turning just across the road", and I went back to bed, where my wife had slept through the whole thing.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Last night, half past midnight, I was already asleep when the doorbell rang. Answering it in my dressing gown, there was what I can only assume was a prostitute. "John?" she said, which is indeed my name, "you called me half an hour ago" and tried to come in. After some fruitless conversation ("I don't know you"; "You called me") she clarified "You are John, 9 ----- Way?" "Ah", I said, enlightenment dawning, "No, this is 9 ------ Road, ------- Way is that turning just across the road", and I went back to bed, where my wife had slept through the whole thing.

What a hero, selflessly redirecting her instead of taking advantage! :laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
You would have thought she would have realised you weren't expecting visitors when you answered the door in your dressing gown.:whistle:

That's a funny place to have a door....

Globalti

Legendary Member
Tsk, this kind of thing happens all the time in hotels in Lagos. The other classic is when you arrive on a Sunday and at about 6 on Monday morning the phone rings and a voice tells you the arrangements have been changed and a car will collect you at seven. Kidnap attempts like that can only be set up with the connivance of the hotel phone operator, I assume.

Top Bottom