Unusual priorities -- be careful out there chaps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonker

Guru
Had a near miss last night. Approaching a mini roundabout with my right arm out straight. Three cars coming towards me and I thought the first one might sneak ahead of me. He did, so did the second and the third went for it too forcing me to swerve and brake hard. I shouted tosser at him........a little way down the road he sweeps in front of me stopping and blocking my path for a fight? row? other contretemps? None of those but to tell me off about my use of bad languague.

I am totally calm, I don't usually bother saying anything in such circumstances ( for this reason). He asks me to repeat what I called him and I oblige adding: 'you could have killed me back there.' He says: 'There's no need for bad language.'Adding: 'well if I had killed you you wouldn't have been able to swear at me.' I suggested next time he would have to kill me then and then rode on.
Apparently killing people is fine but swearing is just beyond the pale.
As I left he said: ' there's no need for bad language ( again),' to which I replied: ' there's no need for bad driving.' He, pulled out, and drove past me, all with his left hand indicator on, then promptly did a U turn at the next mini roundabout still with his left hand indicator on forcing the car coming across from the other side to slam his brakes on.
I'm sure if he could have heard what that driver said it would have been worse than my shameful language. What a tosser.

Exactly - a tosser

BSRU

A Human Being
I would have made a "Bah" sound, bleating sheep.
In so much of a rush they have time to stop for a "chat":wacko:

gary in derby

stupid tosser more like or twat. wish people would stop and argue with me. 6'4 and built like brick s**thouse. so dont happen for some reason.

I try (I stress try) not to shout imprecations at motorists now, instead should the situation demand it contenting myself with the loudest "OI!" I can muster which, as one of my hobbies is amdrams and I can *ahem* 'project' quite well so I am told, is fairly loud :smile: That does not, however, mean that I do not occasionally refer to fellow road users by the epithet "Cockwomble!", or worse, on occasion :blush:
What irks me about this situation was that the eejit clearly decided he wasw gong to be in charge of the situation so he could deflect attention away from the fact that he had committed a motoring offence at the mini-R.A.B. He probably didn't even realise what he'd done.

A couple of weeks ago I intervened when I saw the driver of a car revving and lurching their car towards a cyclist that pulled up in the area still clear in the ASL in which the car had stopped.
Me: Don't do that!
Driver: He shouldn't be so rude.
Me: I'm just making sure that you don't do anything stupid.
Driver (at me): W**ker!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
"Tosser" isnt swearing. Its cursing.

And yes first impression was an accurate one. It is an act of deluded cowardice to try and justify or excuse bad road craft with "dont swear at me!"

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
A couple of weeks ago I intervened when I saw the driver of a car revving and lurching their car towards a cyclist that pulled up in the area still clear in the ASL in which the car had stopped.
Me: Don't do that!
Driver: He shouldn't be so rude.
Me: I'm just making sure that you don't do anything stupid.
Driver (at me): W**ker!

How is the cyclist being rude?

What a blind feckwit.

Top Bottom