Unusual ways to die

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Strangely enough, having not seen a Reliant Robin for years, I spotted one yesterday when I was out on my bike. I'm amazed that (a) any are still running, and (b) that anybody would want to drive one!
Off topic because i didn't come close to dying. But providing you don't want to hurtle round corners, they're as good as any little car. I once got a lift in a Robin when hitch hiking, much more legroom than most cars as the passenger footwell goes all the way to the just behind the nearside headlight :okay:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The same thing happened in Peak Cavern , his body is still there but covered with a concrete cap.

https://www.mountain.rescue.org.uk/...agedy-of-his-death-in-a-peak-district-cavern/
Potholing really doesn’t hold any appeal to me what so ever. I can’t think of anything worse.

Brains

Legendary Member
A shipbroking company I used to work for in the City of London had sold Brunels ship the "Great Eastern" for scrap in the 1890's.
(They still had all the paperwork and the boardroom was panelled from the stateroom of the Great Eastern)
When the ship was dismantled they found the body of a riveter who had been entombed in the double hull when she was built.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Potholing really doesn’t hold any appeal to me what so ever. I can’t think of anything worse.

I never thought I'd enjoy it but after being dragged along to give it a try I found I really enjoyed it. I've not been for many though due to moving.

I went potholing with the other apprentices at work, Derek disappeared in one pot to attend to a call for nature, he came back and smelt a bit wiffy, sort of lingering fart smell, seems he'd managed to do his No.2 in the back of his coveralls, he may have noticed the lumps if we all hadn't been on curry and guiness the night before...
Rather funny and good that he hadn't left a loose log in the pothole.

Top Bottom