Update on Incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Hi guys
This incident happened to be around 1 week ago and is something which was handled greatly by Northumbria police

The driver was visited by the same officer that talked to me and showed her the video
She did say sorry on the video however after talking to the officer when he rang me up to inform me of the meeting with the driver she was sorry but didn't really understand what she did wrong.
A full report will be on http://www.cyclecamera.tv/ when GAZ sorts it for me ^_^
This will include how i reported it the incident and process to the result.

Regards Cycle Dan

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Worrying that she couldn't see what she did wrong.I like your accent.;)

She looks young,lack of experience?

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
"Worrying that she couldn't see what she did wrong.I like your accent"
When im angry my accent is really strong.
But i was more angry at the fact that i nearly came off trying to miss her. Locked both my wheels which was not enought so mixed turning aswell thats what the hold head swung at 0:10 , that was me twisting my body to stay on is nearly coming off. Back wheel swung to the right,
"Panic braking".

Hip Priest

Veteran
Firstly, it's great to see a North East cycle-cammer.

That's the sort of ignorant driving you see now and again. People like her just completely disregard cyclists. If she can't understand what she did wrong then the police should withdraw her licence until she does.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
When im angry my accent is really strong.
But i was more angry at the fact that i nearly came off trying to miss her. Locked both my wheels which was not enought so mixed turning aswell thats what the hold head swung at 0:10 , that was me twisting my body to stay on is nearly coming off. Back wheel swung to the right,
"Panic braking".

Yes,definetly looked nasty.

Im finding that rounderbout at Elephant and Castle a bit hairy.
Haven't got used to it yet.

400bhp

Guru
Nice to see the police take a good approach - surprised they didn't pull you up for swearing. :whistle:

Joking aside, and from plenty of experience, try to be less agressive/don't use bad language-keep the moral high ground + you should get better feedback from drivers.:thumbsup:

I hate roundabouts. That was a typical scenario whereby a driver decides to get in front at the last minute.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Have to say she was definitely in the wrong, but could you have anticipated it by looking behind as you approached the r'bout perhaps? Possibly could have given you reason to move into primary to prevent it, but as HLaB has already said, hindsight is a great thing after the event.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Have to say she was definitely in the wrong, but could you have anticipated it by looking behind as you approached the r'bout perhaps? Possibly could have given you reason to move into primary to prevent it, but as HLaB has already said, hindsight is a great thing after the event.
video does not do it justice, i did look but i was in primary going into the roundabout, i have a mirror on the handle bar of my drop frame.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Joking aside, and from plenty of experience, try to be less agressive/don't use bad language-keep the moral high ground + you should get better feedback from drivers
At 0:10 when i lost my back wheel trying to avoid her i mentally got my self ready to hit the ground at 20mph. So when i didn't fall off i was relived but then angry at what happened and i burst out with emotion. I was still shaking from it the next day, paranoid once i moved on because i was in so much shock . i did compose myself by the time i was at her window however did nearly lose it again 0:19 (pitch of my voice increases however im calm in most situations) by her blatant denial
in turn easier said then done.
I hate roundabouts
compared to stop signs intersections which would replace them i love them ^_^

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Elephant + castle is a nightmare do it daliy and trying NOT to "get used to it" incase i get sloppy.

Wouldn't say I get sloppy...more like finding the best way to handle it regarding positioning and different situations.I thought High Holborn was a bit rough at first till I got used to it...Also Waterloo Bridge around the Waldorf Hotel have my own way of handling it.There are always different situations though that can find me in the wrong position.Also regarding car behaviour and where cars are turning into.

Basically,im still learning about the way the traffic behaves on that roundabout.

Jdratcliffe

Wouldn't say I get sloppy...more like finding the best way to handle it regarding positioning and different situations.I thought High Holborn was a bit rough at first till I got used to it...Also Waterloo Bridge around the Waldorf Hotel have my own way of handling it.There are always different situations though that can find me in the wrong position.Also regarding car behaviour and where cars are turning into.

Basically,im still learning about the way the traffic behaves on that roundabout.
agree its a learning curve for sure! hate thou how some people seem to have death wish and dont even look when crossing! give us all a bad name.

Top Bottom