Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Thanks for all your good wishes and support.
My dad's surgery went very well and when I visited tonight he was sitting up cracking jokes about his missing toe and laughing about his new nickname....Jimmy nine-toes!

He is still on IV antibiotics and will be in hospital for several days yet to make sure they have caught the infection but right now they are very pleased with his progress.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Well done. Glad the operation went well. Now you can relax a bit.

classic33

Leg End Member
Likes by the Lorry Load.jpg
Super Like.jpg

Ern1e

Über Member
Please pass on my regards to " Jimmy 9 toe's" I hope he is soon out and about ! bearing in mind daughter who was a nurse oh he is just going to have to do as he is told ?

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Please pass on my regards to " Jimmy 9 toe's" I hope he is soon out and about ! bearing in mind daughter who was a nurse oh he is just going to have to do as he is told ?
Oh yes! He has already been put in his place - he wanted to come with me tonight (he has vascular dementia)....it really broke my heart!
He soon settled when he realised he was getting tea and biscuits :smile: He says my tea is sh**e :laugh:

Ern1e

Über Member
Now I don't belive that your tea would be like that at all,most of the nurses I know make very good brews (suck suck lick etc) this vascular dementia never heard of that I take it it is somewhat different to the "normal" type ?

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Glad to hear your Dad is progressing.

I had an Aunt with an infected toe but due to her age (90) and overall health the Doctors were reluctant to operate and she died a few months later so it sounds like his Doctors are really on the case.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm now confused! Heart problems and vascular dementia and he's lost a toe?:wacko:

Anyhwo, really glad you're smiling again.:cheers:

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Now I don't belive that your tea would be like that at all,most of the nurses I know make very good brews (suck suck lick etc) this vascular dementia never heard of that I take it it is somewhat different to the "normal" type ?
Yes, it's caused by a reduced blood flow to the brain. It causes trouble with balance and co ordination as well as the usual dementia issues of memory loss etc

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
LOL
He had a fall and grazed it a few months back. It was being dressed but wouldn't really heal.
One day the tip of it was black (gangrene). The next day whole toe was black so they had to remove to stop the infection spreading.
I very nearly liked that post but caught myself just in time. Not really appropriate. But it's still minor compared with the possible outcome.

Top Bottom