Updating 'insider preview' Win10 to full version - HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I just came down to find my PC announcing that insider preview will be ending, I need to upgrade to full Win10, and if I don't do it within a fortnight, my computer will refuse to boot up. I have since spent an hour trying to find out how to actually do this - and getting nowhere.

Eg I go to here, where I'm told to click for upgrades. So I do, but instead of following the process at that link, it just tells me I'm up to date.

So I try here, where it tells me to "2.Select Stop Insider Builds, verify that you want to opt out, and then restart your PC", but when I try that, it says 'we need you to do a few things to stop receiving builds - click here' - and when I do, it takes me back to the first screen. Ie, it's a loop.

Plus any number of seriously geeky sites, most of them over my head and, when I eventually get into them, too old to be of any use.

So - a plea - does anyone out there know a straightforward way to do this?

PS Every Microsoft 'download Windows 10' link I have tried - eg this, and this produces a totally blank screen. Unh?

Last edited:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
"I'm afraid I cant do that swee'pea99"

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I think the easiest way would be create a Windows 10 boot disk on a USB stick and go from there.

There's a reason you don't put a beta OS on your daily driver...

steve50

Disenchanted Member
@swee'pea99 , go here, https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
Follow the instructions to create a bootable flash drive or DVD, place dvd or flash drive into your pc then do a clean install.
If it was me I would not upgrade any computer to windows ten that hasn't been designed and built to run windows 10, i have repaired (rebooted) too many to remember mostly back to their original operating system.

Edit; how long have you been running windows 10, if less than a month you can roll back to the previous operating system by going to "setting" ............."repair and recovery"............" go back to previous operating system"

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
@swee'pea99 , go here, https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
Follow the instructions to create a bootable flash drive or DVD, place dvd or flash drive into your pc then do a clean install.
If it was me I would not upgrade any computer to windows ten that hasn't been designed and built to run windows 10, i have repaired (rebooted) too many to remember mostly back to their original operating system.

Edit; how long have you been running windows 10, if less than a month you can roll back to the previous operating system by going to "setting" ............."repair and recovery"............" go back to previous operating system"

Thanks, but like I say, when I follow that link I end up with this:

blank.jpg

I've been running this 'insider preview' version of Win10 for six months now - I bought the PC with it loaded.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Thanks, but like I say, when I follow that link I end up with this:

View attachment 135053

I've been running this 'insider preview' version of Win10 for six months now - I bought the PC with it loaded.

try a different browser, i noticed you have firefox, try opening the link with that,
Oh and by the way your Pc is infected, you have downloaded some 10bit software that comes bundled with a lot of useless adware that will cause the problems you are experiencing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks for helping out. I eventually found a link to a download that worked, and best of all it installed the latest version without screwing with my existing setup. I can't help feeling it should have been possible without several hours of tearing my hair out, but all's well that ends well. And thanks again.

Top Bottom