Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanMcGrath

I've been riding my bianchi and must say I do like it but I've really for into road cycling and I'm thinking of upgrading to a better bike. Been looking at orbea, wilier, focus, cervelo, kuota and colnago. Any you guys recommend what brand is really good? Or any other brands. Also any you guys can comment on ultrega?? What's it like? Worth the money?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ride and decide.

BAtoo

Über Member
I'm fairly new to this but I suspect it will depend what you are upgrading from. The Bianchi's Ive looked at (as an upgrade) all seem pretty well spec'd so whether the difference is that noticeable is questionable based on comments I've seen here.

OP
OP
R

RyanMcGrath

2013 via nirone 7. Group set is campag Xenon. Dunno I'm just wondering if it would be worth upgrading. Would I notice the difference?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
2013 via nirone 7. Group set is campag Xenon. Dunno I'm just wondering if it would be worth upgrading. Would I notice the difference?

Looks like one nice bike to me.

If nothing has worn out then I'd stick with what you have and just carry on riding it.

If you need convincing then go borrow something 'better' and see if you really can notice a tangible difference - not sure you will unless you are hardcore and shave a few seconds off a 50-miler or something similar and count that as worth it. :smile:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The Nirone 7 IS a nice bike, but if you have the funds to spend over a grand then you'll certainly get a lighter and better specc'd bike, Carbon (or steel :thumbsup:) and a slicker smoother groupset* and save a few grams into the bargain.
Depends what you want? You could spend say £400 on a nice wheelset and decent tyres and you'll almost be quicker on the Nirone than a bike twice the price. Wheels and tyres make big differences and many expensive bikes still have relatively average wheelsets.
Go ride some other bikes and see if they feel 'better' to you.

*I've run Ultegra 9 speed for 8 years in all weathers and it still looks new and is as slick as ever.

vickster

Legendary Member
If the Bianchi is comfortable and meets your needs on a practical level, better to spend on wheels as above

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Last edited:
Top Bottom