Upgrades weigh saved ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dave147

so gone from 5800 cassette to r8000
Cranksets rf500 to r8000
Brakes brr561 to 6800
Front mec fd580 to r8000
Wheels pr2 giant to vison team 35comp
Tyres pr3 giant to gp4000

Been looking around as I have been board today don’t now if all the weights are accurate but think I have saved 400 + grams. Does that sound rite only going of the eights I cud find online

vickster

Legendary Member
so gone from 5800 cassette to r8000
Cranksets rf500 to r8000
Brakes brr561 to 6800
Front mec fd580 to r8000
Wheels pr2 giant to vison team 35comp
Tyres pr3 giant to gp4000

Been looking around as I have been board today don’t now if all the weights are accurate but think I have saved 400 + grams. Does that sound rite only going of the eights I cud find online
And how much did it cost to save the weight of a water bottle? :whistle:

You could try weightweenies

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

A bit ha ha but got the bike to how I wanted the weight saving wasn’t main thing or cost. Need to get the weight of me first. Was just woundering if it sounded about rite

A bit ha ha but got the bike to how I wanted the weight saving wasn’t main thing or cost. Need to get the weight of me first. Was just woundering if it sounded about rite
Yeah, it is a rite of passage for many cyclist to start weight weenying after a while.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@dave147 - most of the weight saved will be the crankset (~100g) and wheels (~300g).

In all honesty they're not the lightest wheels. You could have saved much more weight by simply upgrading the wheels to a significantly lighter set and leaving the rest alone; i.e. Superstar Components ones are about 1500g so would save 200g+ or you could go even further with a pair of Lightweight wheels, although these cost as much as a decent holiday.

Top Bottom