Upgrades weigh saved ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dave147

dave147

@dave147 - most of the weight saved will be the crankset (~100g) and wheels (~300g).

In all honesty they're not the lightest wheels. You could have saved much more weight by simply upgrading the wheels to a significantly lighter set and leaving the rest alone; i.e. Superstar Components ones are about 1500g so would save 200g+ or you could go even further with a pair of Lightweight wheels, although these cost as much as a decent holiday.
I known I liked the look of the wheels with a alrite aero rim. I am pleased with how the bike is turning out. I’m not obsessed with saving weight just a bit of a bonus. Like I say the most weight saving to be done from myself

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The titanium Bromptons used to save about 900g, depending on the base configuration, for £700. They save a bit less weight now, because the titanium seatpost is no longer offered, and it gave the biggest weight saving per £. Also, they cheat a little by not giving you a pump for the titanium version, and they count that as a weight saving :ohmy:.

Top Bottom