Upgrading from a Btwin Triban 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Rose has a showroom in Munich.

Cannondale seems to have some well-spec'd bikes around the £1000 mark
Which is further from Nottingham...and almost certainly if Lancashire is too far!

Paulscycles often have good deals on older cannondale and giant models, they are in East Anglia somewhere

outlash

also available in orange
FWIW I'm the same height as you, I have 2 58cm Cannondales and a 60 cm Genesis if that helps in regard to sizing. I would have thought a 63cm T3 would have been a bit big, I briefly had a 60.

Tony.

OP
OP
S

sbridgey

Really? i have my seat quite high on the 63 T3, didn't get a chance to try the smaller one as they had all sold out. :/

Think a trip down a bike shop other than Planet X is required. I really like the look of the Dolan at the moment too.

appletreepie

I'm currently riding a Btwin Triban 3 road bike, the red one everyone has!

I initially looked at upgrading components like wheels, tyres and brakes but when you look at the cost of doing that its more than i paid for the bike!

And it wouldn't solve my biggest nightmare which is the triple groupset being an arse to set up correctly.

So i'm looking at a new bike, i'm after something decent, carbon would be nice but it doesn't have to be.

Planet X bikes seem well specced compared to others, so for around a £1k what can you guys recommend?
Hi

I've just bought from my dad his b twin 3, its white framed with red handlebars not seen this bike anywere, around 2 years old? was it a limited edition do you know

As its my first bike, wanted to know what regular maintenance i carry out on this?

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi

I've just bought from my dad his b twin 3, its white framed with red handlebars not seen this bike anywere, around 2 years old? was it a limited edition do you know

As its my first bike, wanted to know what regular maintenance i carry out on this?
This one? http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-300-road-bike-white-id_8239800.html

It was the replacement for the red one, no carbon fork

Maintenance wise, keep it clean, including the wheel rims, look after the chain and cassette, clean with something called the 'mickle method' do a search. Keep an eye on the state of the brake blocks and tyres . Check for debris which could cause a puncture

Otherwise, enjoy riding it

Top Bottom