upgrading hubs and rims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baboonst

Regular
Hi,

So I began upgrading my Koga and so far replaced crankset and other small bit, now Im thinking about hubs and rims.
Fronthub is Shimano HB NX70 /36. Breakes - Magura - Louise and rims Mavic Shimano HB NX70

I want to upgrade it to SHIMANO DEORE XT DH-T785 + Mavic’a 719 rims and install Shimano Deore XT 785 breakes since I own brand new pair and they just gather dust on the shelf. Do You think it all makes sense ?

I have to add I have no problems with current setup so far, but since I got this bike second hand I want to make some small alterations to make it more up to date beacuse it has a lot 2004 -2006 parts.

lpretro1

BRAKES please

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
My own view would be to leave well alone until such time as there is a specific reason to upgrade a part. Spend more time riding it and wearing components out.
Besides the retro look is very fashionable at present.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
My own view would be to leave well alone until such time as there is a specific reason to upgrade a part. Spend more time riding it and wearing components out.
Besides the retro look is very fashionable at present.

What he says

Also, the spokes length might not be compatible with the new hubs and rims so you might be looking at completely new wheels then.

Just wait until something needs your attention and then decide.

Top Bottom