upgrading triban 5 2013 white

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OP
OP
J

JackzR

The cassette will depend on what you have now (12-25T perhaps?)

Maybe?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shimano-Spe...r=1-3&keywords=shimano+9+speed+cassette+12-25

I'm not sure what it is, I'm struggling to found any information on the internet about it.

You may be right judging from the newer model's, I know it's a Sora full set

Someone talking about triban 3 on a forum you can see the upgrade of the groupset and chainset running a Full Shimano Sora with a triple compact crank on the front and a 9 speed 25-12 (some earlier 5's actually ran 26-12) cassette on the back. With that came the modifications to the frame.

Read more: http://triban3owners.freeforums.net/thread/287/inside-on-triban#ixzz3Q2Cu3W7p

Can you help? does anyone know? best bet to ring the shop I guess.

Wheels have arrived yesterday! very quick ordered Thursday night!

Looking at buying these as-well! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shimano-PD-...ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

vickster

Legendary Member
You can count the teeth on the cogs :smile:

subaqua

What’s the point
Chairing from default triban wheels to anything else, he will notice a major difference anyway, not that I don't agreed with you that is!
In what respect?

Taking the hubs apart and regreasing the bearings made a huge difference on my daughters triban 3 . I concede that this may be out of the scope of some .

MikeW-71

Veteran
Hubs will be part of it, as will be the weight of the rims. I've changed my MTB from its stock wheels to some entry level Mavics (approx 1800g the set) and the difference is clear and obvious. The same happens if I put my P-SL1 wheels (approx 1700-1800g) on my Defy 2 in place of its stock wheels... massive difference.

So, Giants CR70 and SR4 stock wheels are tough and have stayed true... but wow they are heavy!

In what respect?

Taking the hubs apart and regreasing the bearings made a huge difference on my daughters triban 3 . I concede that this may be out of the scope of some .
With both of our t3's even after many servicings of the hubs including repeated new bearings and frequent regreasing, the ride was considerably smoother, the wheels ran much more smoothly and more freely when spun holding the wheel off the ground, and didn't come out of true unlike the original wheels. Bear in mind the mileage I was doing and the state of the lane I live down which in winter meant I was regreasing the bearings roughly every 6 weeks. The seals on the hubs are crap, but overall even my oh noticed a difference and for £65 which is what he paid for his new wheelset it has been very well worth while.

It was the best upgrade I made changing to fulcrum racing 7 cx's. My oh got shimano s501's which have now been on his bike for over a year. I haven't had to retrue them yet unlike the old original wheels which had been retrued 3 or 4 times in the previous 18 months.

My overall average speed also increased (by roughly 2-3 kph) and stayed up with the change in wheels. It only increased again when I changed bikes last Easter.

subaqua

What’s the point
With both of our t3's even after many servicings of the hubs including repeated new bearings and frequent regreasing, the ride was considerably smoother, the wheels ran much more smoothly and more freely when spun holding the wheel off the ground, and didn't come out of true unlike the original wheels. Bear in mind the mileage I was doing and the state of the lane I live down which in winter meant I was regreasing the bearings roughly every 6 weeks. The seals on the hubs are crap, but overall even my oh noticed a difference and for £65 which is what he paid for his new wheelset it has been very well worth while.

It was the best upgrade I made changing to fulcrum racing 7 cx's. My oh got shimano s501's which have now been on his bike for over a year. I haven't had to retrue them yet unlike the old original wheels which had been retrued 3 or 4 times in the previous 18 months.

My overall average speed also increased (by roughly 2-3 kph) and stayed up with the change in wheels. It only increased again when I changed bikes last Easter.

ta for that.

I keep looking at some Mavic askiums in decathlon for £99 but could never justify. Oooh just looked and they are now £80. hmmmmmmm

ta for that.

I keep looking at some Mavic askiums in decathlon for £99 but could never justify. Oooh just looked and they are now £80. hmmmmmmm
Have a look at either the r501's at Ribble or wiggle
www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/shimano-shimano-wheels-factory-road-tri-shimano-r501-standard-spoke-clincher-wheels-pair/shimwhfr202 £68 and apply the code sale5 to get another 5% off before 31st Jan. Drops to £64 with free p&p.

Or consider fulcrum racing 7 (2014 model) at £100 comes down to £95 with above code
www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/fulcrum-fulcrum-wheels-factory-road-tri-fulcrum-racing-7-pair-wheels/fulcwhfr295

Though if you can stretch the budget a little more this years model the racing 7 lg is £115 with £5 p&p here www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/fulcrum-racing-7-lg-shimano-8-9-10-11-speed-black-white-405439/wg_id-511

subaqua

What’s the point
Have a look at either the r501's at Ribble or wiggle
www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/shimano-shimano-wheels-factory-road-tri-shimano-r501-standard-spoke-clincher-wheels-pair/shimwhfr202 £68 and apply the code sale5 to get another 5% off before 31st Jan. Drops to £64 with free p&p.

Or consider fulcrum racing 7 (2014 model) at £100 comes down to £95 with above code
www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/fulcrum-fulcrum-wheels-factory-road-tri-fulcrum-racing-7-pair-wheels/fulcwhfr295

Though if you can stretch the budget a little more this years model the racing 7 lg is £115 with £5 p&p here www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/fulcrum-racing-7-lg-shimano-8-9-10-11-speed-black-white-405439/wg_id-511
the last female that sent me pron electronically , I ended up married to !!

there are some nice wheelsets there ...........

Top Bottom